• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Keep vxl 6s or switch max8 combo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReMiXeDg

Reaction score
What would you do? I have traxxas castle combo 2200kv 6s I just want top notch stuff on my build. I dont have a program card for this set up now should I keep my current combo or try to sell it and get a hobby win x8?

I wouldn’t sell immediately. It would be really interesting to do a back to back comparison changing only the ESC though.

i doubt you’ll see much difference. It takes a very good battery to notice the difference between my Tekin and Castle stuff. And the Tekin RX8 is undoubtedly the strongest power house for 1/8 today.

I wouldn’t sell immediately. It would be really interesting to do a back to back comparison changing only the ESC though.

i doubt you’ll see much difference. It takes a very good battery to notice the difference between my Tekin and Castle stuff. And the Tekin RX8 is undoubtedly the strongest power house for 1/8 today.

Interesting I'm going to buy an esc and test the difference out. I use smc batterys think those will be good enough?

What esc exactly should I be looking at do you have a model number or link thank you very much

Interesting I'm going to buy an esc and test the difference out. I use smc batterys think those will be good enough?

What esc exactly should I be looking at do you have a model number or link thank you very much
One of my best batteries is an SMC 7400mAh.

Do you have a picture of your setup? Probably need to do some research on it. Traxxas was rebranding Castle electronics for their 6s ESCs. It could be a rebrand on Mamba Monster 2 or something. Would be worth investigating.

If you want some really good electronics for bashing I would consider Mamba Monster X + new sensored 2200kv motor.

Some would say you don't need sensored for bashing. I think sensored setups bring a linearity and predictable trigger response that adds to driving precision. Whether you are racing or not. Just saying, since you mentioned wanting top notch.

I have a mamba X + sensored combo as well as a mamba monster X non-sensored combo and am considering making it sensored too.

One of my best batteries is an SMC 7400mAh.

Do you have a picture of your setup? Probably need to do some research on it. Traxxas was rebranding Castle electronics for their 6s ESCs. It could be a rebrand on Mamba Monster 2 or something. Would be worth investigating.

If you want some really good electronics for bashing I would consider Mamba Monster X + new sensored 2200kv motor.

Some would say you don't need sensored for bashing. I think sensored setups bring a linearity and predictable trigger response that adds to driving precision. Whether you are racing or not. Just saying, since you mentioned wanting top notch.

I have a mamba X + sensored combo as well as a mamba monster X non-sensored combo and am considering making it sensored too.

i have my old set up from erevo v1 its a vxl6s mmm and 2200kv castle motor. i have the 7400 mah lipo from smc that you are talking about. i just dropped it today out my sweater pocket smh hope the battery isn't damaged it charged back up fine. this battery is the new one with the plates.

the set up i have today is maybe not sensord right??

I have the m2c truggy wide chassis that i want to switch to thats why i want a bigger esc and feel like going with the max8

I'm running the Mamba Monster X with a HobbyWing 4274 2250kv sensored and it is super responsive. I have a Max 8 setup in another truck and it is good too, but I notice the difference in trigger response compared to a full sensor setup. I originally had the HobbyWing XR8 paired with the 4274 in my MT410 then went to a HobbyWing Max 6 but settled on the Mamba Monster X because I could still run full sensor and it wasn't a full race ESC. Right now I'm loving this setup!

Attachments

• IMG_1158.jpg
    IMG_1158.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 273

Recent Popular Liked

Back