• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

J’s sct410.3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEKNOJ

Reaction score
I was contemplating for awhile on getting another eb48, like a .4 since I have a .3 but decided on getting an sct since I was going to turn the buggy into a truck anyway. It was just cheaper this way.
I started by building diffs since they were blown out (oil was everywhere) added the aluminum crosspins for durability, and re-greased all the bearings that I touched while doing the diffs. I’m sure bearings at the hubs need attention.
I then turned my attention to fitting up a trailboss body that used to belong to a losi 22s. It was an easy fit, the dimples for rear body posts lined right up, and the fronts were easy to figure out. A little trimming in the back to fit down over the rear bumper.
IMG_0088.jpeg

I have outfitted it with some temporary electronics and temporary wheels, all coming off the 22s since it is becoming a dirt car, I linked it up to the radiolink rc4gs with a radiolink rx.
IMG_0087.jpeg

What I’d really like to do to this truck is put the 13mm shocks with 16mm springs, like the 2.0 has. If they feel that much better like the Tekno team says then I think I need them. It’s about $170 for the parts though.

I’m sure they are, I haven’t figured out the lengths of shock bodies and shafts for the 2 platforms yet. For that price it’s a ways out

Looks like the rear shock bodies are the same for the et410/.2, the sct 2.0, and the sct sl. Lengths for shaft and body is given
the sct .3 just lists shafts and bodies as a total length of shock, such as 107mm. No description on shaft diameter or length.
When I built my eb48.3 into a db48, I remember using the sct shock towers, but I don’t really remember if I used both front and rear towers. It’s probably in my build thread. It has plenty of travel even though I may have changed some geometry

There is a couple guys, in SCT group, selling their 2.0 shocks, and moving on to 16mm bore shocks.... 🤷‍♂️ :rolleyes:

I can't wait to see the outcome of, IMO, placebo shocks. 😁 Who am I to judge though. If they get them to work, and lap times are faster... awesome.

I’m not a member over there. So they want the 16mm shocks rather than the 13mm?

There is a couple guys, in SCT group, selling their 2.0 shocks, and moving on to 16mm bore shocks.... 🤷‍♂️ :rolleyes:

I can't wait to see the outcome of, IMO, placebo shocks. 😁 Who am I to judge though. If they get them to work, and lap times are faster... awesome.
Which ones do you think are the placebo shocks

I prefer forums for ease of bookmarking/searching stuff. Yes, some have plans to put 16mm bore shocks on their 2.0 platform. I personally think they just can't come to grips with 13mm shocks being great after the success of the SCT410.3 and what came on that platform.

Which ones do you think are the placebo shocks
The 16mm bore shocks being put on the SCT410 2.0 will/may give some people a sense of security. I don't know the outcome if a few people start to make claims of night/day performance gains, and everyone thinks they need to jump onboard the wagon. Will it be another "12mm big bore shock springs on 10mm bore shocks" type of situation? I believe Tekno has said that if there is enough desire for 16mm bore shocks on the 2.0, that they would perhaps make appropriate length shocks for the platform.

If Jered Wiggins is happy with the 2.0 being great out of the box... good enough for me.
1700848718143.png

The Tekno team said they liked the feel of the 13mm better hence going with the decision of putting those in the kit. For me I trust their insight, im sure they did enough testing to feel this way.

Looks so mean…
I decided to keep the electronics in this. HW max10 sct with a 3200kv 3660. Since I have batteries for this combo, it will allow me to spend that on another body, new tires, and maybe a couple durability and handing upgrades. A 4s system may come later down the road. I want a TPPower motor.
I ran it a few times up and down the street and it was plenty fast on a 17t pinion, which is the biggest one I have right now. I will Have to run it longer to see if I can go up. Winter is coming and I won’t really get to test it in some good ol dirt.
IMG_4967.jpeg

I agree... looks mean 👹

I hear you on the good ol' dirt. I've been playing in dirt most of my life. Elementary school... we couldn't wait for recess to take our Matchbox cars out to the dirt. Forty some years later... I haven't changed.

After seeing that last picture, with your beverage, you should have put an orange/yellow fade on the body, and had some custom decals made. 🍻

After seeing that last picture, with your beverage, you should have put an orange/yellow fade on the body, and had some custom decals made. 🍻
Yes I knew I needed yellow and grew impatient once I had the body….. oh well

Recent Popular Liked

Back