• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 Im just now getting into the hobby ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBELAND

Reaction score
I've decided on the Tekno SCT410.3 because I want to build from scratch and really take my time enjoying the build rather than just buying an RTR kit.

Now I need some recommendations on the following:

2 Channel radio/transmitter and
Receiver?

ESC.
Pro4 SCT motor.

High torque steering servo.

2S LiPo battery x2.
Compatible battery charger.

SC tires and wheel rims (SCTE offset). Should these be purchased separately or already mounted?
CA glue - if buying tires/rims separately.

SC body. I want something durable.

paint for the body - what type/brand?

Thanks for any advice.

Dave

Depending on which body you use. I always use Tamiya because it just works. For lexan it's mostly the PS series of paint cans. That's the paint for polycarbonate.
If you buy a different kind of body, you'll have to buy something else. You have very durable "unbreakable" bodies. Made by a russian. You can find them on ebay.
Gens ace are good batteries.
Tires and wheels mostly depend on your budget. Louise tires are lower budget ones. But if budget is not an issue you can also go for pro-line tires.
Electronics are not my thing, but my Hobbywing EZRun is still going. :) That's for a Tamiya 1/10th scale. For 1/8 th scale, I just ordered a Hobbywing Xerun XR8 2250kv combo. But I don't know if that's what you would want, since mine is a MT410 Monstertruck.

Paint - I like Pactra paint the best, it tends to go on thicker and can usually spray a body with 2 light coats. Tamiya paint is the thinnest paint and while they are excellent in quality, you have to spray VERY light coats of paint, sometimes 4-6 coats of paint are required... if you spray Tamiya paint too thick then it is more likely to run and leave unsightly drips. If Pactra doesn't have the color I like in stock, then my next favorite brand is Spazstix followed by Duratrax paint.

Bodies - ProLine EVO is a solid choice

Tires/Wheels - Anything from ProLine is a solid choice, for some budget brands of tires that I've used over the years are available from Dialed Hobbies and TheRCProShop has some PR Racing tires in SCT available, note that the wheels from PR are the same offset for SCTE/TEKNO as well.

https://www.amazon.com/PR-Racing-SCT-P006-Course-Inserts/dp/B073WCQ17L

Battery - any 100C 8Ah pack will do nicely, I have grown to trust RCJuice:
https://www.rcjuice.com/lipo-batter...00c-hardcase-lipo-battery-terminal-style.html

Servo - I recommend selecting a brand that has replacement gears available, I would consider the EcoPower 120T

ESC/Motor - Can't go wrong with HobbyWing, for racing you want a sensored system, for general bashing I would go with a sensorless system, HobbyWing offers deep discounts to replace any worn/damaged products outside of warranty, they back up the products they sell to keep you as a customer for life

Radio - For a entry level budget system consider the Radiolink RC4G, more systems to consider here: Which surface radio system is the best?

ESC/Motor - Can't go wrong with HobbyWing, for racing you want a sensored system, for general bashing I would go with a sensorless system, HobbyWing offers deep discounts to replace any worn/damaged products outside of warranty, they back up the products they sell to keep you as a customer for life

Why wouldn't you go for a sensored system?
Isn't it better to have a sensored system when you have higher risks of having ESC + motor getting too hot?

The way I understand it is sensored has smoother operation and is not jerky.

Recent Popular Liked

Back