• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Help Pricing Tekno MT410, getting out of the hobby.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougElvisDick

Reaction score
Turns out I don’t enjoy the hobby.

Sorry this will probably read like a recipe website, where it’s 90 pages of someone’s life story before you get to the useful bit where they tell you the ingredients and process. Skip to the end if you want.

Looking to price and sell my Tekno mt410 (I’m the second owner).

A few months ago, I bought a Tekno mt410 to have some bonding time with my nephew. However, it was a lot less fun than I thought it’d be.

It felt like I would get to drive it for 45 mins and then something would break and I’d need to spend half a day repairing/upgrading parts. I’ve probably driven it a grand total of 8 times - I don’t doubt there’s a lot wrong with my driving. Though there were never any huge jumps and I’ve only ever driven on grass and dirt.

Anyhow in that short time, I’ve replaced the rear gearbox and followed the “bulletproofing” advice on the Tekno forums (flanged bearing and different spacers), replaced the shock towers with M2c shock towers, and did a minor body replacement because one of the plastic side troughs had a hole in it.

Well, today on my first run with the new M2c shock towers, and new unbreakable ebay body (finally delivered from abroad) - About 20 mins in, I blew out one of the shocks. The aluminum caps are intact, but fluid splattered all over and the shock is cracked inside the fabric. My nephew went inside, and I decided I was not interested in repairing, it’s not how I want to spend my time - which seems like a huge part of the hobby.

As far as specs that I can tell:

- Tekno MT410 Kit

- Hobbywing 4274 2200kv motor and MAX8 ESC

- Savox SA1230sg, and an orange aluminum servo horn

- M2C front and rear shock tower kit
- Tekno aluminum shock caps
- Don’t know what tires
- Unbreakable Russian Body
- Brand new rear gearbox with upgraded bearings
- 1 broken shock

-Then the (2) batteries and (1) charger:
HOTA S6 HOTA S6-400W AC/DC Charger
52100-4S1P HCL-EC 14.8V 5200mAh 100C wired hardcase SMC racing. Pretty much brand new, maybe 4 charges each.

Any thoughts on what someone would expect to pay for all that?

Thanks

Sorry to hear you're leaving, bud. Maintenance and related issues is the #1 reason people quit the hobby, so you're not on your own.

The rule for used is more or less = price new x 50%.

Used bodies, tires, batteries are usually collaterals. It's hard to get much value out of them. Bundles are cheaper as well.

If you want to sell well, clean it, fix it, take nice pictures and advertise it. You can sell well, but got to put a bit of effort into it. I hope that makes sense. Having bought used, you shouldn't be too much at a loss.

Sorry to hear you're leaving, bud. Maintenance and related issues is the #1 reason people quit the hobby, so you're not on your own.

The rule for used is more or less = price new x 50%.

Used bodies, tires, batteries are usually collaterals. It's hard to get much value out of them. Bundles are cheaper as well.

If you want to sell well, clean it, fix it, take nice pictures and advertise it. You can sell well, but got to put a bit of effort into it. I hope that makes sense. Having bought used, you shouldn't be too much at a loss.
I normally do not buy used stuff as I love "the build" of a new RC, but what really annoys me when looking around the webs and people selling used RC stuff... blurry pictures, and not having enough pictures. Showing that you care enough to clean things up and showing closeups of any broken/worn items goes a long way with getting more money for your gear.

Sorry to hear.. I also am of the half price theology as @Nicochau .
You may be able to get more, but for a quick and painless release I think half price is where you need to be. Good luck.

Turns out I don’t enjoy the hobby.

Sorry this will probably read like a recipe website, where it’s 90 pages of someone’s life story before you get to the useful bit where they tell you the ingredients and process. Skip to the end if you want.

Looking to price and sell my Tekno mt410 (I’m the second owner).

A few months ago, I bought a Tekno mt410 to have some bonding time with my nephew. However, it was a lot less fun than I thought it’d be.

It felt like I would get to drive it for 45 mins and then something would break and I’d need to spend half a day repairing/upgrading parts. I’ve probably driven it a grand total of 8 times - I don’t doubt there’s a lot wrong with my driving. Though there were never any huge jumps and I’ve only ever driven on grass and dirt.

Anyhow in that short time, I’ve replaced the rear gearbox and followed the “bulletproofing” advice on the Tekno forums (flanged bearing and different spacers), replaced the shock towers with M2c shock towers, and did a minor body replacement because one of the plastic side troughs had a hole in it.

Well, today on my first run with the new M2c shock towers, and new unbreakable ebay body (finally delivered from abroad) - About 20 mins in, I blew out one of the shocks. The aluminum caps are intact, but fluid splattered all over and the shock is cracked inside the fabric. My nephew went inside, and I decided I was not interested in repairing, it’s not how I want to spend my time - which seems like a huge part of the hobby.

As far as specs that I can tell:

- Tekno MT410 Kit

- Hobbywing 4274 2200kv motor and MAX8 ESC

- Savox SA1230sg, and an orange aluminum servo horn

- M2C front and rear shock tower kit
- Tekno aluminum shock caps
- Don’t know what tires
- Unbreakable Russian Body
- Brand new rear gearbox with upgraded bearings
- 1 broken shock

-Then the (2) batteries and (1) charger:
HOTA S6 HOTA S6-400W AC/DC Charger
52100-4S1P HCL-EC 14.8V 5200mAh 100C wired hardcase SMC racing. Pretty much brand new, maybe 4 charges each.

Any thoughts on what someone would expect to pay for all that?

Thanks
I’ll give you $250

I'll give you 500 if you can get it to Europe for that price 🫣

Recent Popular Liked

Back