• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

How do I keep the dust and lint off in between coats?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megafandrew

Reaction score
So I just recently painted a body for my Axial Capra build and it came out quite nice except somehow some lint or dog hair or something go in the hood piece under the paint ?. I paint in my little work shop area it’s mostly as clean as I can get it. Any ideas or how do you paint to keep the area clean? I think the issue comes when I put on a coat, and leave it for 20 mins to 1 hour and re-coat. In that time little bits stick or land on it. Would it be alright to cover it with some sort of plastic sheet or box while allowing it to dry? Looking for some tips. I’m in now ya an expert painter these are just spray can jobs haha

Depending on how large of a paint area you have, keep all the flat surfaces wet with a spray bottle. the dust and lint will stick to those. Just before you paint, spray everything down. Then paint and cover as T buggy said.

Paint inside a large card board box on its side and then use a light sheet or something similar to drape over the opening between coats.
Thanks I’ll make a little paint booth with some plastic and a box I have. I’m going to paint a body for my EB48.4 and don’t want the same results as the Axial body lol

Depending on how large of a paint area you have, keep all the flat surfaces wet with a spray bottle. the dust and lint will stick to those. Just before you paint, spray everything down. Then paint and cover as T buggy said.
That’s a good tip thanks never thought of trying that. And yes I’ll make up a paint booth with a decent sturdy box and a plastic drape in between coats and spray around it with water

That’s a good tip thanks never thought of trying that. And yes I’ll make up a paint booth with a decent sturdy box and a plastic drape in between coats and spray around it with water

Awesome. I ran into that problem on a larger project, and I ended up using one of those 2 gallon weed killer sprayers. Filled it with water and used the fine nozzle. Roundup makes a nice one, I think it was $30 on amazon. Pump it up and just mist everything just before you paint. The high-pressure mist seems to get everything wet and down without blowing more dust around.

https://www.amazon.com/Roundup-1902...=1596130812&sprefix=roundup+sp,aps,209&sr=8-5

Good luck!

Awesome. I ran into that problem on a larger project, and I ended up using one of those 2 gallon weed killer sprayers. Filled it with water and used the fine nozzle. Roundup makes a nice one, I think it was $30 on amazon. Pump it up and just mist everything just before you paint. The high-pressure mist seems to get everything wet and down without blowing more dust around.

https://www.amazon.com/Roundup-190260-Garden-Sprayer-Gallon/dp/B002YNSAKI/ref=sr_1_5?crid=YBMXD3V0ONTI&dchild=1&keywords=roundup+sprayer&qid=1596130812&sprefix=roundup+sp,aps,209&sr=8-5

Good luck!
Going to order thanks for the link. I’ll post a final result of the body once it’s painted on the next week or so. Enjoying this hot weekend for now ? so no painting haha

Use a hair drier after each coat and that will help eliminate contamination. I also paint in a cardboard box. I painted my Capra with two colors, three coats per color and it took 15 min.

Forgot to mention that...hair dryer between coats is a good way to speed up the process, which also will give it less of a chance for contaminants to stick to the paint.

Recent Popular Liked

Back