• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Hobbywing XR8 Plus ESC mount for MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are slots on the mount which also line up with slots on the ESC for you to place zip ties around the ESC to hold it in place along with double sided tape:

35196660662_f6efd465a5_b.jpg

I didn't like how the zip tie went over the fan blocking some air flow and pressure on the middle of the fan. I know I am crazy.

Finally got a 3D printer for Christmas and have been experimenting with printing some pre-fab designs, I only have experience with 2.5D modeling with my CNC with CamBam, so having to learn a new CAD tool has been tough, but I'll get there!

Anyway, I tried printing your design and it gave me a few problems... first I had to double up the threaded inserts on the bottom of the tray, they were extremely loose and using my soldering iron to get the plastic to melt and lock onto the nuts was useless. I ended up using CA glue to get them to reasonably lock into place. The holes for the side nuts were a little more tight and I could get them snug, but decided to continue using CA anyway.

49375058998_d1f948def0_b.jpg

I was able to get a good test fit on the bottom tray :)
49375511131_858dd5da9a_b.jpg

Unfortunately I am running the HobbyWing SCT Pro ESC and it's no where close to compatible, I was hoping to just trim the top strap, but the fan mount cover is wider than the XR8 fan cover, go figure? Anyway, this will give me an excuse to learn 3D modeling now!

You might notice that the color of my print is an off-yellow... I printed in PLA white and failed to dye it yellow... I will try to print in Nylon next time which I understand will take dye much better. Lots to learn about 3D printing for sure!

Attachments

• DSC_0229.JPG
    DSC_0229.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 339
  • DSC_0230.JPG
    DSC_0230.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 352
I dig the mount! How’s that HobbyWing ESC working for you? Still going strong?
I haven't painted my body yet. Ran into some medical issues with my back. On the mend now so I hope to get it painted soon and get this puppy on the road.

Finally got a 3D printer for Christmas and have been experimenting with printing some pre-fab designs, I only have experience with 2.5D modeling with my CNC with CamBam, so having to learn a new CAD tool has been tough, but I'll get there!

Anyway, I tried printing your design and it gave me a few problems... first I had to double up the threaded inserts on the bottom of the tray, they were extremely loose and using my soldering iron to get the plastic to melt and lock onto the nuts was useless. I ended up using CA glue to get them to reasonably lock into place. The holes for the side nuts were a little more tight and I could get them snug, but decided to continue using CA anyway.

49375058998_d1f948def0_b.jpg

I was able to get a good test fit on the bottom tray :)
49375511131_858dd5da9a_b.jpg

Unfortunately I am running the HobbyWing SCT Pro ESC and it's no where close to compatible, I was hoping to just trim the top strap, but the fan mount cover is wider than the XR8 fan cover, go figure? Anyway, this will give me an excuse to learn 3D modeling now!

You might notice that the color of my print is an off-yellow... I printed in PLA white and failed to dye it yellow... I will try to print in Nylon next time which I understand will take dye much better. Lots to learn about 3D printing for sure!

Hi,
Sorry your print didn't come out correct for the hole size. Did you use the McMaster-carr inserts? I had no issues with the size of the holes. I also use a soldering tip made for brass inserts. I find that works better than just a soldering tip. What 3D printer did you get and did you print some calibration cubes to see if the size was correct.
You going to print with Nylon? That can be challenging.

Hi,
Sorry your print didn't come out correct for the hole size. Did you use the McMaster-carr inserts? I had no issues with the size of the holes. I also use a soldering tip made for brass inserts. I find that works better than just a soldering tip. What 3D printer did you get and did you print some calibration cubes to see if the size was correct.
You going to print with Nylon? That can be challenging.

Yes, I bought the inserts that you linked to on the Thingiverse page, I didn't realize there was a special tool, got a link to one?

The calibration is spot on, all the holes lined up perfectly and the side threads came out well, it's possible that I ruined the part when I attempted to dye it, the cylinders on the bottom may have de-formed so that's on me... I was still able to make things work, I spent some time working on a design for compatible strap for the HW SCT Pro ESC that can fit your base, I'll try to get that uploaded on Thingiverse (if it works), this is my very first 3D model, thanks for the inspiration!

I have a ways to go with a long list of designs that are bouncing around in my head.

I have Nylon filament on order, supposedly my Ender3Pro is compatible after making a few minor upgrades which I have already done... so far the handful of pre-fab PLA prints that I have made so far for all the upgrades have been flawless to include some custom parts for the TAMIYA TT01 as well. Really looking forward to getting into making some more advanced shapes soon :)

Here is a link for the insert tip: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078K72615/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ender3DPro is a nice 3D printer.
After my kids bought me the Qidi Tech X-One to help me make parts for all my RC's I got the 3D fever and using that printer I built a large Delta 3D printer, then I built a Railcore II 300ZL (self soured the parts) and now I just bought a Epax X1 resin printer. Have to find a way to use those printers to make money when I retire. lol

Thanks for the link! I'm leaning toward incorporating a design which captures an M3 nut on the back through a hex shaped slot to make things a littler easier on new designs that I plan to make, it's gonna take more effort in the design but I hope it will be worth it :)

I hear ya on making some extra cash after retirement, I know my wife is ready to retire and I would love to invent something that is popular enough for her to fabricate and do a home based business.... pipe dreams, ha!

Recent Popular Liked

Back