• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Hobbywing Max 8 esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just ordered an MT410 yesterday, and itll be here next week. My question is, has anyone installed a Hobbywing Max 8 esc in their truck, and how much room is left? I have a Max 8 and a leopard motor in my Kraton that i will be using in the MT410.

Hello everyone! I just ordered an MT410 yesterday, and itll be here next week. My question is, has anyone installed a Hobbywing Max 8 esc in their truck, and how much room is left? I have a Max 8 and a leopard motor in my Kraton that i will be using in the MT410.
What size Leopard motor are you using?

Edit:
I am using an Arrma BLX 4074 motor and Arrma BLX 185 esc (rebadged Max 8 I believe) and there is probably only about 10mm of extra room if I remember correctly.

Here is a snap from Trig73 in the post that @Cmbscx10 linked. This is shown with a 4274 motor. You MIGHT be able to get a 4282 in there but you won't be able to get a 4092 in there without custom mounting the ESC or relocating it. That is why I was asking what motor you are running.
1527777360413.png

Forgot off hand which Leopard motor I have in there, I'm at work right now. But I'm thinking it might be too big. I do have an extra Blx185 esc and motor laying around too. But I'll let you guys know what size motor it is as soon as I get home.

The BLX system with a 15t pinion does rip in the MT. I will tell you that LOL. Coming from Arrma I did notice right away that with the motor orientation that Tekno uses, it really limits the motor sizes that are possible to use while keeping the stock layout of everything. There are some things that I like about the Arrma vehicles better but the Tekno vehicles are tanks.

Recent Popular Liked

Back