• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Goldilocks Between ET48 and ET410 - EB48 or MT410 2.0

Better option:

• EB48 2.1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MT410 2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwess1234

Reaction score
I'm currently running an ET48 (Backflip 3.8 on DE Racing Rims) and ET410 (Badland MX28 2.8) both on grass. The ET48 is a bit large for me (handles perfectly). The ET410 handles pretty well, except (1) when grass is too long, it gets floaty; and (2) it traction rolls a bit with the wide wheels (and likely low weight).

I'm debating selling the ET48 and setting up an EB48 or MT410 2.0 and trying the Badland 2.8s on them (I realize I need a 10mm extender on the EB48). The dimensions look similar overall, except for the MT410's bumpers adding length. Wheelbase and width are fairly close.

What do people suggest if I'm just looking for the smaller size than the ET48, but better handling and room for bigger battery than the ET410 between those two choices? I see a lot of 1/8 e-buggies for sale used, which is appealing, but that wouldn't necessarily drive the choice.

Thanks for the suggestions!

You should consider the SCT410 2.0 as well. Reviews are awesome for all trucks, so it really is more about your own usage than anything else.

I personally love SCTs, they look awesome with the scale bodies. They drive awesome as well with the narrower tires. The 2.0 looks like it's built like a tank, so bashing is not a problem. SCTs can be easily turned into on-road trucks as well or onto monster trucks with wider tires and narrower bodies.

Buggies (EB48) handle best IMO but don't look as good.

MT410 2.0 looks like a neat choice too if you want to go for the MT look since it has already the right bumper and body posts for the job. My guess is it will run very similarly to the SCT (slightly more nimble but less stable at speed, due to shorter wheelbase). The big advantage of narrower bodies is going to be the ability to get slightly wider and taller tires that will not rub (as opposed to the SCT).

My 2 cts, hope that helps.

Side note: totally get the size issue of the ET48, those things need space to shine.

I have the EB48 and the MT410 2.0. I prefer the MT410 2.0. Obviously the buggy still drives beautifully but there's just something about the MT I like better for general purpose bashing in fields, parking lots, etc. The MT410 is "dense" - it is small-ish in dimensions but weighs a fair bit so it tends to power through things very nicely. I like the big MT tires vs narrow buggy tires.

Agree on ET410 - I tried bashing that for maybe 2 battery packs and then turned it into a dedicated track car. It never sees anything but a carpet (sadly, not quite as often as I'd like).

You should consider the SCT410 2.0 as well. Reviews are awesome for all trucks, so it really is more about your own usage than anything else.
Thank you! I'll look into the SCT a bit more.

I have the EB48 and the MT410 2.0. I prefer the MT410 2.0. Obviously the buggy still drives beautifully but there's just something about the MT I like better for general purpose bashing in fields, parking lots, etc. The MT410 is "dense" - it is small-ish in dimensions but weighs a fair bit so it tends to power through things very nicely. I like the big MT tires vs narrow buggy tires.
Thanks for this detail. Have you tried running anything bigger like Badland 2.8s on the EB48 in the grass? I like the thought of handling of the buggy on one hand, but if the MT410 2.0 has the handling and less traction roll than some MTs, maybe it is a better choice...

I haven't tried Badlands 2.8 on the EB. Maybe I'll grab a set and see what happens.

With the MT410 2.0, I was worried that with those short arms (compared to the massive original MT410 width) it would be very prone to rolling over at speed. It is quite planted, and when you really push it hard enough to get it to lift the inside tires, it is often controllable or recoverable (due to the weight of the truck). I mostly drive on grassy fields so there's quite a bit of traction. On dirt I don't see it rolling over at all unless it catches on an edge of some kind. I've only gotten a handful of packs through the MT so I don't want to overstate the case. The EB is awesome too.

This looks fun:

Recent Popular Liked

Back