• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Full circle!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VRC

Reaction score
I want to tell my story of buying tekno first after many yrs out of the hobby. Rc10 years out. My first one was an eb48.3. Great buggy! Sold it and bought the .3 truggy. Love it and still have it. Then found a cheap arrma Mojave exb. Bought it and didn’t like it so I shortened the wheelbase. Liked it, was a fun vehicle. I found that I was having to do a lot of maintenance on it. mostly diffs, I couldn’t get those diffs to be right. They always would bind. I tried everything. Also, the drive cups were made out of some cheap metal and would round out in a few packs. Anyway, I found a eb48 2.0 for a great deal and bought it. Kept the arrma for a while longer then got tired of it. So I’m selling it.
long story short is. Tekno has spoiled me in rc! I only run 4s now. Even bashing 4s is plenty and I don’t have half the problems I did. I mostly bash race on a track that is ungroomed…anyone else have stories like this or interesting to tell?

Like many others, i started with a Traxxas Stampede for the kid, then a slash. Dumped a ton of money in it. Never got to where I wanted it to be in term of performance and durability. I was going o quit RCing due to maintenance effort.

Before quitting, i put my hand on an EB48.4 a local racer was selling. Bought it to not die an idiot and without having the racer experience. 3 months later sold all my stuff and acquired every truck in the 1/8 tekno line up.

Still own that EB48.4, 2.0, EB48.2 rurned SCT, MT410, MT410 stretched and both ET48.3 and 2.0. 100% Tekno quality.

I've been in/out of the hobby several times since my first RC10 in the 80's at 15 years old.
I have enjoyed my Arrma's, haven't really seen the diff problems or drive cup issue with any real disappointment though. We all use them differently though. 6s is really the problem I feel.. with the Tekno's, they're so light in comparison that it's not typically needed. Even if run on 6s, the weight plays a big part in the drivetrain wear.. increased mass, traction, ect from the heavy Arrma's..
If you really want to see premature wear in the drivetrain, try a 6s TRX or Team Corally! Wow, the rtr Corally 6s is just mind blowing how fast the cups wear!! TC diffs seem good though. Traxxas isn't much better. I upgraded my Corally cups to the bronze colored spring steel cups, much better. Unfortunately TRX doesn't offer any quality steel parts so, outta luck there. Unless of course one wants to take a journey down the "rabbit hole " LOL.
I have a 2007 Xray buggy with the Hudy steel drive parts, they're similar to the Corally upgrades, bronze colored. That Xray is one amazing piece I'll say. I mean talk about tough. Seriously good IMO. Big bucks though.
The Tekno's are top shelf also. I have an MT410 running on ET48.3 chassis with TC 6s combo running on 4s, as well as an sct410.3 running max 10/3670 combo (3s).. pure poetry IMO. They are as good as I could hope for. I will definitely add more Tekno's to my collection..

I've been in/out of the hobby several times since my first RC10 in the 80's at 15 years old.
I have enjoyed my Arrma's, haven't really seen the diff problems or drive cup issue with any real disappointment though. We all use them differently though. 6s is really the problem I feel.. with the Tekno's, they're so light in comparison that it's not typically needed. Even if run on 6s, the weight plays a big part in the drivetrain wear.. increased mass, traction, ect from the heavy Arrma's..
If you really want to see premature wear in the drivetrain, try a 6s TRX or Team Corally! Wow, the rtr Corally 6s is just mind blowing how fast the cups wear!! TC diffs seem good though. Traxxas isn't much better. I upgraded my Corally cups to the bronze colored spring steel cups, much better. Unfortunately TRX doesn't offer any quality steel parts so, outta luck there. Unless of course one wants to take a journey down the "rabbit hole " LOL.
I have a 2007 Xray buggy with the Hudy steel drive parts, they're similar to the Corally upgrades, bronze colored. That Xray is one amazing piece I'll say. I mean talk about tough. Seriously good IMO. Big bucks though.
The Tekno's are top shelf also. I have an MT410 running on ET48.3 chassis with TC 6s combo running on 4s, as well as an sct410.3 running max 10/3670 combo (3s).. pure poetry IMO. They are as good as I could hope for. I will definitely add more Tekno's to my collection..
Ya, you’re probably right about it just being 6s. It’s like you need 8s diffs and outdrives so they don't wear so fast. I just could never get the diffs to not bind. Also, the bearing on the cup felt loose like a bearing was going out. when a bearing did go out I’d chew up up gears. im not bashin on arrma. I just got spoiled by the precision of tekno and the ease of maintenance. That’s good to know about team corrally and your experience with them. I’m just gonna stick to tekno until something else seems like a good thing to mess with. Rc10 😂

Ya, you’re probably right about it just being 6s. It’s like you need 8s diffs and outdrives so they don't wear so fast. I just could never get the diffs to not bind. Also, the bearing on the cup felt loose like a bearing was going out. when a bearing did go out I’d chew up up gears. im not bashin on arrma. I just got spoiled by the precision of tekno and the ease of maintenance. That’s good to know about team corrally and your experience with them. I’m just gonna stick to tekno until something else seems like a good thing to mess with. Rc10 😂
Yeah man. I buy whatever tickles my fancy. Between my brother and I, we have most of the common rigs and brands on the market. The TC stuff is good, but still a ways to go. Armma makes a great rig for the money in general. Tekno, and the other racing brands are next level for sure. Happy bashing brother!!👍🍻

I like that story of getting back into the hobby I always enjoy those postings as well as everyone else’s here on the thread. I will say I began in the hobby with a Tamiya Wild Dagger in 2000 I think it was and I was 11. I then gave it up for a while threw high school and into college years. When I was done college I got back into the hobby, I guess it would have been around 2012 or so. I started with Traxxas Summit and a Arrma Talion V2. I loved both those trucks. I was blown away by brushless lipo power of the Arrma.

Over the years I’ve owned and sold many rc. Traxxas, Arrma, Tekno, X-ray, Mugen, Kyosho, HPI, you name it. The Tekno have always been good to me. I really enjoy bashing with 4S also. I think it is a lot easier on the drivelines and cars and that makes a big difference in durability over the long run. Plus they are higher quality kits to begin with. I’ve sold all my Tekno a while back my last two were a ET48 2.0 and a EB48.4. I wish I didn’t sell the ET, but looking to get back in. I think for now on I’m sticking to kit builds and Tekno mostly. I am planning to get the EB48 2.0/1 to start back into it again.

I like that story of getting back into the hobby I always enjoy those postings as well as everyone else’s here on the thread. I will say I began in the hobby with a Tamiya Wild Dagger in 2000 I think it was and I was 11. I then gave it up for a while threw high school and into college years. When I was done college I got back into the hobby, I guess it would have been around 2012 or so. I started with Traxxas Summit and a Arrma Talion V2. I loved both those trucks. I was blown away by brushless lipo power of the Arrma.

Over the years I’ve owned and sold many rc. Traxxas, Arrma, Tekno, X-ray, Mugen, Kyosho, HPI, you name it. The Tekno have always been good to me. I really enjoy bashing with 4S also. I think it is a lot easier on the drivelines and cars and that makes a big difference in durability over the long run. Plus they are higher quality kits to begin with. I’ve sold all my Tekno a while back my last two were a ET48 2.0 and a EB48.4. I wish I didn’t sell the ET, but looking to get back in. I think for now on I’m sticking to kit builds and Tekno mostly. I am planning to get the EB48 2.0/1 to start back into it again.
Cool, so do you have any cars atm? ya, I understand about truggies. They’re so good for bashing. I will keep mine until I get out of the hobby. ya, I’m learning that I really like 4s.

4s fills the bill for me. I run at home exclusively, my brother and I race around a small track we've made on my property. During the winter I run all about the property, jumping snowbanks and such. My Tekno's don't come out during the winter though. I do have a couple Arrma's that I run 6s in, and an Xmaxx that runs 8s, but aside from the Arrma's, all the other 1/8 run on 4s. I also have several 1/10 scale TRX's that run 2 and 3s..

Recent Popular Liked

Back