• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 Haven’t run a full battery pack- bummers already

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bladefan

Reaction score
For the brief amount I’ve driven it- I can tell the sct410.3 is it’s a great driving truck and understand the reviews. It’s amazing how great it handles compared to anything else I have.

However I’ve had a couple things happen already-
1) maybe after about 2-3 minutes, I crashed on the roof after a jump and the center drive shaft popped out. I couldn’t wedge it back in so I had to do some dis assembly to get it back in. Is this common??? Seems like a freak accident to me but it ended the session as I didn’t want to try to fix at the bashing track.

2) next time out, within a few minutes I shredded the spur gear. It seems like the pinion loosened. I had had it loosen a few times already. So, I conclude I’m not doing something right with the thread lock.

3) do I need to apply new thread lock to motor mount and pinion every time I loosen a previously thread locked screw?

4)how important is it to wait 24 hours for full cure?

5) I ordered another stock spur AND the metal upgrade. How durable is the stock spur? Do I need a tekno pinion to use with the upgraded metal spur gear?

thanks for the help!

Arg! Now I shredded another spur just test driving in my drive way. I sent the mesh with the piece of paper technique. I honestly don’t know what’s up

What pinion are you using? I usually set mesh by feel. Put a thumb on the pinion and another thumb on the spur. rock the gears back and forth until you can feel them just tap or free up a bit then tighten it down. Recheck after every pack. You'll get the bugs worked out. I use thread lock every time I disassemble and reassemble any metal to metal connection. I use an inexpensive set of mod1 pinions I bought off Amazon. But there is nicer ones available once you find the fdr you like.

When assembling a new kit it's best to clean any metal part that's going to be threadlocked with motor spray or some other type of cleaner. This will remove any residual oils left over from machining. And it is best to wait for the threadlock to cure for maximum strength.

Sound like a good learning experience to me! I sent my sct410.3 flying off a triple jump straight into a pole about 10 feet in the air and still didnt break that truck. Make sure you get that pinion really tight and let the locktite cure for a day. The only time it broke was when I let a friend drive it...diagonally into a wall

Yes indeed it has been a learning experience.
I got the correct spur with a metal spur. It sounds so good!!! The car runs awesome and purrs so nicely. So happy!

Recent Popular Liked

Back