• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

“Full size” wheels for pavement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PKMSM

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
  2. MT410
After completely destroying a new set of (wrong tires) on pavement after two batteries, I realize I need to get the right pavement tires.

When look at pavement tires, however, they all seem much smaller. All the 1/8 pavement wheel/tire combos I’ve found seem to be for buggies and are around 100mm in diameter. Are there setups that are larger (140-150mm) for use on pavement for truggies?

Keep the tires you destroyed for pavement. They will become completely bald but will stick to the end.

Exception is for speed runs, you’ll need belted stuff.

I used to occasionally work on full-sized cars as a hobby.

My assumption that RC cars are cheaper was generally inaccurate!

I recently raced at a track in Florida which shares a full scale oval track which I went over to check out between rounds and started talking to some of the go-Kart racers and one guy said that he just bought $40K worth of tires for this racing season!

I spend anywhere from $5-8K a year on my RC racing budget depending on how much travel I do ;)

I recently raced at a track in Florida which shares a full scale oval track which I went over to check out between rounds and started talking to some of the go-Kart racers and one guy said that he just bought $40K worth of tires for this racing season!

I spend anywhere from $5-8K a year on my RC racing budget depending on how much travel I do ;)

:oops:

Recent Popular Liked

Back