• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 First track rounds with my new truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vingertop

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. SCT410
So I went to the track closest to me. A nice open-for-all track based on Astroturf.
https://www.facebook.com/mvbracing/photos/?ref=page_internal
Primarily they drive 1/10 buggy's there. The truck setup is still stock.

The truck simply drove fantastic.
So nimble and the tight corners, where my Slash driving friends suffer and swear, we're a breeze with the SCT410..
The small jumps we're effortless, but the big jump in the track requires some practice and getting used too with the new truck, so this meant a couple of rounds of crashing, tumbling, bumping heads on on the hilll, shooting over crashing in the net etc etc. It took a pretty good beating for some rounds getting that jump right.

The body took some damage, the Flotek SC body mounts over the front bumper, probably not the best choice in hindsight.
I'm questioning if there is a front bumper that can be mounted in front of the body. If someone has a alternative bumper on their SCT410 could you please send me dimensions of that bumper so I can check if it fits or makes a change ?

Regarding the car hardware: It was spotless after driving it hard and fast, I ran a full 8000mah 2S, no play in parts nowhere, no leaking shocks, it is so incredibly rock solid I was really surprised it held up this well after this beating on the track. Also the Hobbywing electronics held up really nice, just a warm motor, ESC and battery had no noticable temperature change.

Tekno FTW!

01.jpeg

02.jpeg

03.jpeg

So I went to the track closest to me. A nice open-for-all track based on Astroturf.
https://www.facebook.com/mvbracing/photos/?ref=page_internal
Primarily they drive 1/10 buggy's there. The truck setup is still stock.

The truck simply drove fantastic.
So nimble and the tight corners, where my Slash driving friends suffer and swear, we're a breeze with the SCT410..
The small jumps we're effortless, but the big jump in the track requires some practice and getting used too with the new truck, so this meant a couple of rounds of crashing, tumbling, bumping heads on on the hilll, shooting over crashing in the net etc etc. It took a pretty good beating for some rounds getting that jump right.

The body took some damage, the Flotek SC body mounts over the front bumper, probably not the best choice in hindsight.
I'm questioning if there is a front bumper that can be mounted in front of the body. If someone has a alternative bumper on their SCT410 could you please send me dimensions of that bumper so I can check if it fits or makes a change ?

Regarding the car hardware: It was spotless after driving it hard and fast, I ran a full 8000mah 2S, no play in parts nowhere, no leaking shocks, it is so incredibly rock solid I was really surprised it held up this well after this beating on the track. Also the Hobbywing electronics held up really nice, just a warm motor, ESC and battery had no noticable temperature change.

Tekno FTW!

View attachment 5502
View attachment 5503
View attachment 5504
Tekno makes the best all around racer/basher vehicles out there!! IMHO I live where we have NO tracks.. :( so bashing on backyard grass, rodeo grounds or gravel roads is it for now. My buddies and I do basher races off wooden jumps and lots of collisions happen.. cars are also flipped over a lot! So I built a role cage out of Polyethylene Water Line and also beefed up bumpers with same. Now I never have to flip it (self righting) and it's practically indestructible! Certainly not designed for traditional dirt track type racing but I'm sure you could fab up an extension to the factory bumper to help reduce "Training Rash" on your body. Id attache a pic of mine but phone is on the fritz with emailing photo's right now.

Tekno makes the best all around racer/basher vehicles out there!! IMHO I live where we have NO tracks.. :( so bashing on backyard grass, rodeo grounds or gravel roads is it for now. My buddies and I do basher races off wooden jumps and lots of collisions happen.. cars are also flipped over a lot! So I built a role cage out of Polyethylene Water Line and also beefed up bumpers with same. Now I never have to flip it (self righting) and it's practically indestructible! Certainly not designed for traditional dirt track type racing but I'm sure you could fab up an extension to the factory bumper to help reduce "Training Rash" on your body. Id attache a pic of mine but phone is on the fritz with emailing photo's right now.
Interesting, but can you upload a pic so we can have an idea ?
Thanks !

Sebcbien, my techie skills are very limited. Old iPhone 6se is barely surviving... an 8 on the way. Surprisingly I have no photos on it of the final cage but do have one of the original version 1 photos. Version 1 was not self righting but did a solid job of protecting shock mounts and body... and is probably the best version for race training protection as it adds minimal weight or elevated mass. See Attached. Version 2 is full blown turtle shell shaped design, adds a little to much elevated mass for anything but bashing use but makes it a total riot!! I'll post a pic when I get one available. Using 2.8 super trenchers (moded my hub carriers for clearance), 3200 KV HWing 3660 and HW XR8 SCT ESC, 15T pinion and 3S Lido's. Does about 45mph and backflips with ease. Upped springs and oil to handle up to 10 foot high ariels.. I also used modded an EB48 car top to better seal out dirt and rocks. Had the Duratrax SCT wheels/tires on it initially but just would not hold up to our hard core bashing as I literally broke 3 of 4 wheels on one session!

Attachments

• EB48-SCTconvTop.JPG
    EB48-SCTconvTop.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Version1Cage6.23.19.JPG
    Version1Cage6.23.19.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 163

Recent Popular Liked

Back