• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Fastest kv on 6s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChassisSlaps

Reaction score
I'm thinking 1600kv would be the most ballistic for the .3 what do you guys think? My kit comes in the mail tomorrow I'm freaking stoked!

2400kv seems high for 6s to me unless you're on the track. This truck will be 40 percent parking lots/ramp 40 percent wide open dirt and 20 percent dinking around at the track. So I want the fastest setup possible no budget but no heavy modifications. Do you think 1600kv would be my best choice? Maybe even 1900kv? Appreciate the response.

I would get a 1900KV motor and run it on 4S for jumps/track use, then experiment with 6S for speed runs... you will want to check temps and possibly have to re-gear if necessary:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sho...eed-to-run-for-upgraded-electronics-in-my-car

I wouldn't be surprised if 5S would be the limit for running on wide open dirt.

For running on asphalt I would invest in a set of GT8 slicks... Sweep EXP50 belted radials are gonna be the best money can buy for the performance and longevity.

On the track I would go with ProLine Blockades in M3 compound. Perhaps an M2 compound for use on un-prepped dirt.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've been gathering just from trying to search this topic that it's best to plan what you want to run cell count wise to get the most out of your motor? So would I be sacrificing a little performance from 4 and 6s and settling on a middle ground for both?

most 1900KV motors are spec'd for 4S, I have successfully over volted a 2400KV on 6S, but that was for short 5 min runs and short bursts of full throttle down the straights for maybe 1-2 seconds each pass. My temps often came off the track around 160° with no cooling fan. Do this at your own risk... it worked for me for years without any issue, just don't get complacent, get into the habit of checking temps regularly.

Each driving condition will yield different results, note that the GT8 wheels I recommended are significantly smaller diameter which will effect your rollout and consequently allow you to run a higher voltage with less stress on the motor. If temps go above 160° then either reduce your EPA and/or drop down to a 5S pack to see if the motor handles that voltage any better.

I run a castle 2200kv on 6s in a Losi 8ight E 4.0. With a 23 tooth pinion and foam tires I've gps'd it at 88.3mph. From the research I've done it seems that with your common hobby store motors 2200kv is pretty much the max that will take 6s and not burn up..

I run a 1730 kv long can motor on 6s in my ET48.3 with a range of gearing. Mostly a 16t pinion. Temps are fine.

I run 6S and 2000kv on all 3 of my Teknos. For gearing, I run 15T on the big tire truggy, 20T on the medium tire truggy, and 25T on the small tire buggy. Having two fans and a heat sink on the motor and having non-ballooning belted tires is very important.

I run a 1730 kv long can motor on 6s in my ET48.3 with a range of gearing. Mostly a 16t pinion. Temps are fine.

So you just gear up a little from that if say you're in a small group of bmx doubles and gear down a little for speed runs? I like the sound of a 1730..

Actually with the right gearing you can run 6s on a 2200kv motor. I run 6s on my castle 2200kv motor in my outcast with a 14t pinion with no heat issues at all. On a hot day I hit maybe 145 degrees or so. Just saying there are options out there. Gearing will help as long as it's a good quality motor. Not all motors can handle 6s. You could also do a castle 2650kv 1/8 motor and run 4s that would be quick as well. I run that motor in my pro mt 4×4 in 4s and it rips. It's all about the combination man

Actually with the right gearing you can run 6s on a 2200kv motor. I run 6s on my castle 2200kv motor in my outcast with a 14t pinion with no heat issues at all. On a hot day I hit maybe 145 degrees or so. Just saying there are options out there. Gearing will help as long as it's a good quality motor. Not all motors can handle 6s. You could also do a castle 2650kv 1/8 motor and run 4s that would be quick as well. I run that motor in my pro mt 4×4 in 4s and it rips. It's all about the combination man

Yea I've got the castle 2200kv on 6s in my losi 8ight e 4.0 and the temps are fine when the pinion is about 18 or below. When I'm doing the 85mph speed runs with the 23 tooth, its gets pretty hot but has never shut down or gone into thermal protection. I never run it long enough with that gear in it though to overheat. I also have the tekin RX8 Gen 3 with the Tekin 2650kv T8 gen3 buggy motor in my sct410.3 on LiHV 4s and its ridiculous. I just tried a 20tooth pinion today and it's pretty much a parachute on wheels, even with a body that has tons of big holes covering the back half of the lol. I would guess it's going at least 60mph which for a short course is pretty dumb haha.

Recent Popular Liked

Back