• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET48.3 build Max8 2200 combo on 6s or max 6 1650 combo on strictly 4s what would be the better option

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boasty55

Reaction score
I'm building et48.3 basher build no racing. I'm wondering what you guys think about putting the max6 1650 combo in over Max8 2200 combo? I already have to many 4s packs not really interested in getting 6s packs. It's strictly a basher. ( Not into jumping it more of a trail/beach truck for here in Florida)If I done my math right the weight I would save from using a 4s should just about offset the weight of bigger 1650 motor vs 6s on 2200. Just curious what you guys think. Any help would be great. Thanks

I don't see any reason why you can't run a 1650KV on 4S, in fact many local racers in my area are running that combo anyway, though they are gearing up a little, I don't run truggy anymore so can't help you with gearing but maybe start with an 18T pinion and check temps:

Money's not a issue also I have access to plasma table cutter, so if I need to make any modifications to make it fit I can build my own parts. I ran for the longest the mamba monster x 2200 combo, but it would overheat even on 4s. Just sick of castle products as a whole. I was thinking that the max 6 combo on 4s should be close to the same power as the Max8 combo on 6s and run cooler. I already purchased both combos just shoulder incase both be here Monday.

The Max6 is a much larger ESC and will not fit without the wider M2C chassis or a MMM top plate. The 1650kv would work a lot better on 6S, not 4S. Also, my 6S hardcases are the same weight as my 4S packs.

Thank you for the input like I was saying I have access to a plasma table,water cutter I can build anything I need, I have 7075 sheets ranging from 2 mm all the way to 6.5mm to sheets of carbon fiber. When I was doing my kraton build a few years back ( since moved on from arrma) I made a 7075 5mmchassis,( super heavy prob overkill no pun intended) shock towers you name it. I appreciate the heads up about the info about the fitments issues ( thank you overkill) I here you on the 6s packs all my 4s packs were from when I use to race 1/8 so they are super light. If possible could any of you recommend a good company for 6s pack ( please no smc) all 6 of my 4s packs are max amps. Was disappointed with how expensive they were. As I said before money's not a issue. I think I will just scan this tekno chassis and cutout one that's wider. Thanks

Just looked up that mmm top plate, that will be simple to write the programming for, I think I will go with carbon fiber, this awesome news as writing up programing for the chassis would be a little more complicated. I've never had issues with tekno chassis, now arrma chassis is a whole riff story. Btw thank you bill delong I just ordered pinions 16-23 just incase. What do you guys think about these lipos I was gonna order 3 but the low c rating worried me
Spectrum 7000 6s packs .

Just realised your somewhat close by overkill, I'm here in Pensacola. If you have a et48.3 and measurements for the mmm top plate I would send you a carbon fiber/7075 one for your trouble. I even pay shipping? Sorry if I'm breaking a rule

Just looked up that mmm top plate, that will be simple to write the programming for, I think I will go with carbon fiber, this awesome news as writing up programing for the chassis would be a little more complicated. I've never had issues with tekno chassis, now arrma chassis is a whole riff story. Btw thank you bill delong I just ordered pinions 16-23 just incase. What do you guys think about these lipos I was gonna order 3 but the low c rating worried me
Spectrum 7000 6s packs .
The spectrum battery you are talking about I have not used but I have seen gone good reviews

this is part of the new smart system that horizon hobby has as there now go to with Losi and Arrma. Were all the electronics are spectrum

I personally would not worry about the low C rating. it’s a quality name in the hobby I’m shur it will pack a good punch.

Thank you maverick, yeah I was one of those people that fell for the c rating game, I believe I paid about $800 shipped for my 6 5400 max amps packs 1-2 years ago. That's good to hear. My charger is old so I'm thinking of picking up a spectrum smart charger to go with the lipos. Gonna use the Max8 combo for my daughter's et48.3 use the max6 combo for mine. Kind of regretting now ordering all the hobby wing stuff I probably should have just went with spectrum. Ugghhh

Max8 is more than enough. Stick to 4s if you already have the packs and you’re not looking for crazy power. Truggy can 4076 or 4274 in the 2000kv is perfect.

The Max6 will be useless unless you go for 8s or oversized motor.

Start with 15t or 16t pinion, especially if you are running large tires.

Recent Popular Liked

Back