• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Emulsion shocks, zero rebound lots of vacuum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skynet5

Reaction score
I seem to have little problem building a shock with little to no rebound.

But when I extend that shaft it clearly creates a vacuum in the shock and sucks the shaft back in slowly.

Physics tells me this is right, in principle. But is there a balance to be hand. Some videos look like the shock is dead with no rebound from compression or suction from extension.

You're always going to get a little suction, that's the basic principle, but the rebound will be significantly "flatter" than with bladders. I recently switched back to bladders, but this is how I have been building my emulsion shocks for the least amount of rebound possible:

1) Remove bleeder screw from cap
2) Ensure piston is flat on bottom of shock cylinder
3) Fill shock 3/4 way
4) Slowly pump the piston to get any trapped air to release, leave piston on bottom when done
5) Fill shock to top and slowly pump to make sure no air bubbles exist, leave piston on bottom
6) Install cap
7) VERY slowly compress piston to the top toward the cap to release excess fluid, should take about 30 seconds to get to the top, if you push too fast then you lose too much fluid, goal is to release as much air as possible
8) With piston pressed into the shock cap, wipe excess fluid from bleeder hole and install bleeder screw

No need to pump and re-bleed like the manual recommends, just do steps 1-8 above, this has worked better for me, I actually got these tips from Joe Bornhorst while attending one of his race clinics.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll leave alone for the time being at they are all rebuilt with new o-rings. I don't think at my level it will make a world of difference. I'll give those steps a whirl next time.

The point of the emulsion shocks is to not have to use a bladder and they are designed to work without them, adding a bladder will just make them normal shocks.

ReAlLy? i'm well aware. it's what i'm trying to do and thus why i asked if anyone had used the EB410 shocks in a bladder setup. thanks anyway.

ReAlLy? i'm well aware. it's what i'm trying to do and thus why i asked if anyone had used the EB410 shocks in a bladder setup. thanks anyway.
Oh. Sorry. I'm not sure what bladders would fit in the EB410 to be honest. I would look at the RC10 or 22 series shock bladders, maybe take one of the EB410 shocks apart and take it to the LHS and try to see if you can find something the correct size.

Oh. Sorry. I'm not sure what bladders would fit in the EB410 to be honest. I would look at the RC10 or 22 series shock bladders, maybe take one of the EB410 shocks apart and take it to the LHS and try to see if you can find something the correct size.
i actually did some more looking and found some posts on rctech where some tried schumacher bladders. not a lot of 13mm shocks out there. schuey and SC10 4x4 are the only ones i know of besides the EB410.

Recent Popular Liked

Back