• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Eb48.3 pinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VRC

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I’m new to Tekno. I am getting back into the hobby after many yrs. Back in the late 80’s-90’s. Had an original rc10, 12i, frog, Willy and silver fox nitro. Got out of it cause I couldn’t afford it and was, well in high school looking at skirts! Anyways, I have an eb48.3 which I’m amazed by. It’s all stock. I’m going to be mostly bashing around with it. My question is what is the smallest pinion I can run in this? I tried a 14t for small spaces It doesn’t fit cause it seems the motor mount doesn’t allow anymore movement towards the spur gear. Is my assumption correct? That, it is to small or am I missing something? Thanks for the help in advance. Looking forward to enjoying the hobby again ?

I don't have that platform anymore but I am pretty sure 15t was the smallest I could fit. I went at the motor mount with a dremel and shaved a LOT of material, but could never get it to fit anything smaller than 15t.

You'll need to adjust your motor KV and your battery selection to work with the constraints on the pinion size (in summary, you may want to consider lower kv that you might otherwise).

@smirkracing is correct about a 15t being the smallest fit as is. But I have heard of people grinding off a small part of the motor mount to allow it to slide a touch further.

What size motor are you running? Why do you want that small of a pinion?

@smirkracing is correct about a 15t being the smallest fit as is. But I have heard of people grinding off a small part of the motor mount to allow it to slide a touch further.

What size motor are you running? Why do you want that small of a pinion?
I’m running a 2050kv. Well, I haven’t played with pinions yet on the car and wanted to see the difference. Currently has an 18t. For small space running.

16t-17t is probably a good place to start with that motor while running in a small area. Maybe a 15t if you feel you have too much tire spin still.

I use to run a 17t in my EB48.3 w/ a 1900kv motor, running on a smaller track. It seemed to be about perfect for me. There are a couple small run ups leading into a couple big jumps and only a small straight away and probably could have been good dropping to a 16t. I like the smaller pinions for the reason, being its easier to get to speed faster on a smaller track.

Edit; Track was also a fairly hard packed track with lots of loose dirt on top.

Reactions: VRC

Recent Popular Liked

Back