• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

EB48.2/.3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET48
  4. SCT410
  5. ET410
Driving Style
Racer
Who still have the older EB? I have an EB48.2 with a few .3 updates... I have been on the fence on going to the .4.... but i'm not fully sold.. few guys said they liked the older steering more and went to it in the .4.... wanted to see some others feed back on this.

I started out with a used EB48.3 and raced it for about a year before I made the switch to a new EB48.4

I spent a lot of time tuning both cars and they are completely different cars on the track.

The .3 feels a lot more stable and easier to drive, but that stability made me a slower driver overall.

After about a month of tuning, I finally got a stable setup working for me on the .4 before I decided to sell my .3 and at first I was worried that I made a mistake switching to the .4 but my lap times showed otherwise... I was able to carry significantly faster corner speed and just learned to drive a little more aggressive than was I was used to and I couldn't be happier with my .4 now.

Not sure if I count but I have the SL. I have driven the .3 and .4 however. Basically for me, I didn't notice a big enough difference between the .3 and .4 to see a big improvement. I feel like the guys with the older ones still run just as well as the guys with the new one. If you have a good set-up and are a good driver, then at most levels it seems like you can do just fine on the older model. I can still beat my friend with his .4 (true 1/8 set-up) in my SL, running 2S (1/10 electronics, in 1/8 buggy class).

For what it is worth, this same talk happens in 2wd with the TLR platforms. I have a 4.0 but guys do just fine with the 3.0 too. I only got the 4.0 because I needed a car for the class, so I got a new one. If I had a 3.0 I would've kept it until it needed replaced. So if your current buggy is doing good, then I'd say run it and replace it when it needs replaced. I'm sure others will have different opinions.

Yeah, I think I'll keep running it and when i'm out of spare parts then maybe I will jump to the .4 .....I like my old .2 and I picked it up used awhile ago for a smoking deal and I have not had to change much. A few friends drove it and loved it and they dont run Teknos... seems to work well so I have left it. I have been thinking about stepping up the the .3 shocks/towers and keeping my gearing where it is. I think the .3/.4 get different gears for the diffs.

I like the .3 still, just rebuilt it recently so I am committed for a little while longer before making the switch...unless an amazing deals comes my way that I cant resist!

I like the .3 still, just rebuilt it recently so I am committed for a little while longer before making the switch...unless an amazing deals comes my way that I cant resist!
I'm there with you... I keep mine in top shape so not much to usually rebuild but... if a deal comes along i mean you could bash a .2 right haha

I'm there with you... I keep mine in top shape so not much to usually rebuild but... if a deal comes along i mean you could bash a .2 right haha

Yeah I let the arms get a little sloppy this time...usually I do keep it a little tighter, nothing was broken (except a front brace) just more play than I prefer typically. I did let it go for a while due to my budget. Now it has all new arms and hubs and recently replaced all the drive pins...so its like new again!

I have also put in a bunch of upgrades so in reality, its almost a .4 just different arms and gearing. I am running an overdrive setup so its not .3 gearing either. I like the way it drives. may just keep it going as long as possible. The only thing that would make it more like new would be a chassis and thats not out of the question, because with Tekno's return policy a new chassis would only be $60 plus some shipping...way cheaper than a new ride!!

I have an OG EB48. I have upgrades a lot of it to what .2 specs would be. Ti turnbuckles, tapered driveshaft, lowered wing mount, etc. I do find it a little twitchy but I bet it has more to do with my driving skills than the car. I wonder though if a .4 would be better. Too bad I have many spares for this buggy to last me a long time at the rate I am going through them. At the last race I pulled out my old X-Ray 808e thinking it might be better, but no. Certainly go back to my EB, plus it has a fresh body so will last a while as well.

I have an OG EB48. I have upgrades a lot of it to what .2 specs would be. Ti turnbuckles, tapered driveshaft, lowered wing mount, etc. I do find it a little twitchy but I bet it has more to do with my driving skills than the car. I wonder though if a .4 would be better. Too bad I have many spares for this buggy to last me a long time at the rate I am going through them. At the last race I pulled out my old X-Ray 808e thinking it might be better, but no. Certainly go back to my EB, plus it has a fresh body so will last a while as well.

From what I have heard the .4 is more twitchy than the .3 even. If you're competitive with what you have I wouldn't change until maybe you wear out the chassis.

I'll prob stick with my old tried and true 48.2 for a bit longer. My driver skill wont benefit from the .4 I dont feel either.

I'll prob stick with my old tried and true 48.2 for a bit longer. My driver skill wont benefit from the .4 I dont feel either.
Probably depends on the track too. Like at my track, I have no problem keeping up with the regular 1/8 buggies in my SL. It can be quite twitchy but in a way the agility/lightness is also a plus with the way the track layout is (usually). But there are other tracks where I'd be chasing another set-up and also probably be down on power compared to a .3 or .4. So each case is probably dependent on the track / set-up.

Recent Popular Liked

Back