• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

EB48 2.0 and Protek 170 SBL Servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinbar the Angry Toaster

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
Driving Style
Racer
I recently bought a Tekno EB48 2.0 and am having a blast building it. It is a very smooth and easy build with one exception. I am running a Protek 170SBL servo ( https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...high-speed-brushless-servo-ptk-170sbl/p507825 ).

Where the plug goes into the servo it is partially obstructed by the mounting posts for the ESC tray (TKR9065). I watched a build video on you-tube where the builder talked about having the same issue. He said he dremeled out part of the posts but did not show any pictures or give further information. Has anyone else run into this issue? Have any pictures? I really love the Protek servos and am looking forward to getting my sweet new ride on the ground.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Just in case anyone else runs into this in the future. I put the servo into the mount and marked (roughly) where I needed to open up the mount so the servo wires could come through on the inside of the mount nearest to the front chassis brace. I used a cone shaped 1/4 inch grinding stone to remove some of the material. I ended up using a dremel sanding wheel to finally get it to the right size. The hole was not as "pretty" as I would have liked but it can not be seen.

It is a tight fit for the servo wire, it touches the front chassis brace. I was able to route the wire along the back side of the servo, through the wire hold downs and into the receiver box. The wire is a little tight but shouldn't be too bad (not straining). I tried to wiggle the servo/esc tray once it was back into the vehicle and it seemed solid. I still have to test it under "working" conditions.

I had the same issue with the KingMax B01S. Thankfully with a bit of light persuasion and rotation of the cable it fitted it. It was the rubber boot at the servo that the cables go through made it hard to fit.

On all my 1/8 Teknos as well as my 8ight-XTE and SCTE 3.0 I run the 170SBL or TBL, and I just drop the servo in the mount prior to installing it, scribe the area that needs to be removed with a hobby knife, then go at it with my dremel type tool. Ill typically finish it off with a small file to even it out and try to make it look like its supposed to be notched, but Im just weird like that haha. The TLR rigs require a butt load of the mounts to be cut away if you want the plug to operate freely. Otherwise you can slide or remove the rubber boot on the servo plug which then makes it so you dont have to cut nearly as much material away, but I supposed you lose a bit of moisture protection without it... Just an option..

For what it's worth, I run a SRT BH927S HV Brushless Servo in my EB48 2.0 with no mods needed. I know you already have a servo, but figured I'd post a known option that would require no mods. Have fun!

Recent Popular Liked

Back