• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Dog bone fix.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skynet5

Reaction score
Is there a fix for this?

I noticed it had move, tried to push it back in and it moved back.

It's still pretty firm, but at speed....

Attachments

• IMG_20200715_200022.jpg
    IMG_20200715_200022.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 479
It's only lasted a 12 packs. Pretty disappointing

not an uncommon problem, chances are you simply need to replace the pin, there is a tolerance factor and that particular pin just might be a hair too thin in diameter. A drop of thread lock will help secure it in place as well, more info here:

Pin Replacement Tools

OK. Will read up. Pin is still pretty tight so whacked some thread lock in and pushed it into position. Will use for a practise this weekend and see how it fair up and then look for pins and tool replacement in the UK.

Just make sure the source for your pins are "hardened steel", if they are not "hardened" then expect the pins to wear fairly quick :(

Also plan for about 10% of the pins you buy to be tossed in the trash because they are too thin to hold in place due to variance, nobody is 100% perfect

Hi mate. Yes I've ordered the 3mm one yesterday . Hopefully will be shipped next week. I got the last 3mm one.

Thanks for the consideration!

So I got the tool and I've got the huddy pins. They are all easy to push through with the tool screwing it by hand. Not so easy on the other side.

So I suspect the driveshaft is a dud. Shame. I bought a spare, but feel a bit annoyed as warranty options are such a pain and it hasn't done many packs.

I did have an hour on the track at the weekend and it didn't come loose again, and that was with some loctite around it.

Have you mentioned this to Tekno at all...they may just help you out if they decide its a defect?
Good point. I've sent them a Web form mail.

Hopefully they'll give me a straight discount code and let me order another one.

Don't really want to be shipping it off etc cost me as much in postage as a new one. Lol

They have done this for me a couple times.
I'm also looking at loctite retaining compounds. Apparently used to allow manufacturers to lower the tolerance of parts in cylindrical parts.

It's some serious stuff. So a solution to the problem.

For the time being I've put some blue loctite in and I'll see how it fairs. I have a spare that I bought if needed.

What's nice is if the pin did come out, it wouldn't strip anything as there is nothing to lock up the drivesaft on the eb48 2.0

Good news. Contacted tekno, and our UK distributor and they have sorted me out. Distributor is getting one sent out to them with their next order to then be sent out to me on my next order or parts.

Recent Popular Liked

Back