• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48 2.0 Does this look right?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheez

Premium Member
Supporting Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET48
  3. MT410
  4. SCT410
I’m accustomed to hinge pins being parallel. Being new to Tekno I noticed the rear hinge pins on the SCT 410.3 had a slight angle. The Eb48 2.0 has me a little freaked out.
image.jpg

As far as I know, all off road RC cars are going to come with some amount of toe in on the rear of the car. Without any toe in, the car would be very difficult to drive.

As far as I know, all off road RC cars are going to come with some amount of toe in on the rear of the car. Without any toe in, the car would be very difficult to drive.
Thank you 👍, it’s just a bit more pronounced than what I’m used to.

I’m accustomed to hinge pins being parallel. Being new to Tekno I noticed the rear hinge pins on the SCT 410.3 had a slight angle. The Eb48 2.0 has me a little freaked out. View attachment 7595
I'm imagining you've got the C and D blocks set-up like this?

It looks pretty normal to me and the angle is in the correct direction.

Screenshot_20211012-051824_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Yep, I followed the instructions exactly. Only issue was TKR 165’s were very snug and a little difficult to insert.

Keep in mind this is adjustable and just a starting point. Personally I think 3* of toe in in the rear is excessive. Think about how those tires are going to be scrubbing as you're driving straight. I reduce the rear toe on all of mine and tend to run zero or near it in the front.

Keep in mind this is adjustable and just a starting point. Personally I think 3* of toe in in the rear is excessive. Think about how those tires are going to be scrubbing as you're driving straight. I reduce the rear toe on all of mine and tend to run zero or near it in the front.
I’m going to use the stock 3 degree toe as a starting point. I won’t be racing so I’ll wait and see how it handles on the local dirt tracks.

Beyond handling keep an eye out for accelerated tire wear. I never paid much attention until I ruined a couple of sets of tires with nothing but the inside or outside shoulder worn and the rest fine.

Recent Popular Liked

Back