• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Do the dboots backflips fit the stock MT410?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamiyauberalles

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
They are not listed on Tekno s website and I'm afraid they'll rub at full turn. Is adjusting the EPA necessary? How about the steering limiter washers, do I need to add one or more?

What about max spring compression, is it still prevented by chassis slap?

Last edited:
So I don’t run a MT410, I run an ET48.3. However, they parts are pretty much the same. I run backflips and I had to install the +2mm offset hubs so they would not rub the carriers.

Ok so since the MT comes with the 2mm offset huhs it should be fine I assume.

What about the other aspects, did you change the max travel physically with washers, EPA ?

Ok so since the MT comes with the 2mm offset huhs it should be fine I assume.

What about the other aspects, did you change the max travel physically with washers, EPA ?
I have the Backflips on my MT410. I did not need the 2mm offset hubs and I assembled the entire vehicle to the "stock" settings shown in the manual. The tires didn't rub on anythign and I didn't have to shorten the servo EPA either, at least nothing more than the normal amount to reduce strain on the servo and steering components from maxing out and trying to overextend.

I have the Backflips on my MT410. I did not need the 2mm offset hubs and I assembled the entire vehicle to the "stock" settings shown in the manual. The tires didn't rub on anythign and I didn't have to shorten the servo EPA either, at least nothing more than the normal amount to reduce strain on the servo and steering components from maxing out and trying to overextend.
SOLD!

i run Arrma Backflips,with no problems at all,ptetty sure the MT comes with the 2mm extended hubs

i run Arrma Backflips,with no problems at all,ptetty sure the MT comes with the 2mm extended hubs
Yeah, thanks. While you're here: how the fit on that raptor body, does is reach low enough on the sides to reach the side mudguards?

It almost does its a snug fit but doesn't go low enough to cover the dide guards its about half an inch off

People who have the Backflips: how did you setup the suspension so the shocks don't compress fully before the chassis touches the ground? I don't want to destroy my pistons...
Particularly in the front, it's bad.

People who have the Backflips: how did you setup the suspension so the shocks don't compress fully before the chassis touches the ground? I don't want to destroy my pistons...
Particularly in the front, it's bad.
I guess I didn't really pay attention to if the chassis touches the ground on full compression. I just made sure that the droop screws were properly set so that the shocks couldn't fully compress and instead the force went through the A arms and to the chassis.

I guess I didn't really pay attention to if the chassis touches the ground on full compression. I just made sure that the droop screws were properly set so that the shocks couldn't fully compress and instead the force went through the A arms and to the chassis.

Sure, downward travel with droop screws, I got that, but I'm speaking A-arms moving upwards, when you land a jump.

But if you rode it a bit and it didn't break, maybe it's not as big of a deal as it is on my Arrmas

Sure, downward travel with droop screws, I got that, but I'm speaking A-arms moving upwards, when you land a jump.

But if you rode it a bit and it didn't break, maybe it's not as big of a deal as it is on my Arrmas
Haha I just woke up when I wrote that and didn't think it through all the way I guess. Yeah I guess I didn't notice that the chassis doesn't hit when the shock bottoms out. I guess I haven't had any issues.

Ive seen a couple Tekno truggies running the backflips without any fittiment issues, but it's all about the wheels, not so much the tires. When I set my ET48.3 up in"monster truck" mode, I have the Proline Badlands MX, Super Swampers and Trenchers, all with the 1/2" offset and the suspension bottoms out before the chassis hits on all but one set and I've had no problem launching it 30 feet on a couple jumps on the track, getting well over my 6' 6" head in the air. Im not sure what the diameter of the Backflips is, but my monster truck tires range from about 6.3" diameter to just over 6.9 and the chassis only lightly taps with the 6.3" set and a big drop. I also installed the 2mm offset hubs when I built it a few weeks ago as I was told they were required when running the proline 3.8", 1/2" offset wheels/tires, and like others have said your MT410 comes with them and I think we have the same arms too. I actually think that the shock package on these Tekno's does an awesome job of stopping the truck from bottoming out hard on the shocks if you have thick enough oil and the right piston/spring combo. I run orange springs all around for monster trucking along with the stock ET48.3 setup oil. I also have the concave delrin pistons and aluminum caps/guides and ti coated shafts as I'm not sure what all comes with the MT410 but I think the shock length is the same?? I would be a little more worried about it if I were running my shocks vented like my SCT410.3, but when they are fully sealed it really would need to take a huge drop to bottom them out enough to damage something. I will say that in 30 years of buying/building/running rc kits, the shocks on my Teknos are easily the best I've ever had and I'm not at all concerned about blowing them out. If you are still worried about it, you can make your own limiters out of nitro fuel tubing putting a small piece on the shock shafts outside of the shock body to limit how far the shocks can travel upwards. I've also used the tubing inside the shock bodies to limit down travel on vehicles without drop screws or to slightly shorten some shocks I put on my crawler. You could also play around with which holes you mount the shocks with on the towers and arms. I haven't with any of my Tekno rigs yet, but with my Losi 8ight E 4.0 I can actually change the droop/rideheight/upward travel quite a lot by just changing around the shock mounting holes. You always need to make sure your drop screws stop the arms before your shocks do though as that can save you from possible problems.

Long winded response, but Im sure you'll figure it out. Happy Bashing!

Thanks for the detailed answer. Looks like preventing the shocks from bottoming out hard is the way to go then. I'm going to have a look at some thicker oil first, that's the easiest.

Late to this party.
One of the main reasons I bought the MT410 is because of the suspension travel it has. it CAN bottom out the chassis running huge tires where as my past AE truggies would just barely on 6.5" dia proline MT tires and that was pushing it. I experimented with every shock position and found the one that allowed the most up travel.
I'm running the narrow 0 offset trenchers (not X) that are I wanna say 6.89" dia and the chassis WILL bottom out just pushing it down on the bench. Barely in front, but it does. Tire squish contributes. Not aware of any other 1/8 comp class rig that can do that. It's nice to be able to drive up curbs with huge 7" tires. They are super heavy though, the prolines. I prefer running the lightweight truggy wheels/tires but they are obviously less capable in the crazy terrain. Check out my build thread for pics.

They are not listed on Tekno s website and I'm afraid they'll rub at full turn. Is adjusting the EPA necessary? How about the steering limiter washers, do I need to add one or more?

What about max spring compression, is it still prevented by chassis slap?
The backflips are prob one of the best tire wheel combos for this truck. They are awesome performance and price (64 bucks) for 4. I also have mx38s and road rages which balloon alot but they work good also for 4s. 6s i like the backflips and they look natural on it. Top shelf is of corse the mt410

Attachments

• IMG_4805.JPG
    IMG_4805.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 442
The backflips are prob one of the best tire wheel combos for this truck. They are awesome performance and price (64 bucks) for 4. I also have mx38s and road rages which balloon alot but they work good also for 4s. 6s i like the backflips and they look natural on it. Top shelf is of corse the mt410

Where? Cheapest I see is $79.98 for 4.

Where? Cheapest I see is $79.98 for 4.
I ordered mine off eBay. Different sellers strip rtrs and sell the parts cheaper than everywhere else. I got an Arrma blx185 motor esc and servo for 120 backflips for 64. You just gotta search on there a little bit to find deals

Recent Popular Liked

Back