• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Cheap/quality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We like these things but they don’t always go to well together and that is sad.
What do you guys think?

I'm building a Tekno Eb48.3 just now and my challenge is to make it with less money but great quality.
-Tekno eb48.3 kit 319€ new
-Servo: JX PDI 18€
-Motor: Tenshock 802 v2 50€
-Esc: Ezrun wp sc8 45€
-Radio: Flysky GT3C 38€
-Lipo: Turnigy 5000mAh 4s 20C hardcase 17.50€

Everything look nice and has very good rates

This must be a tricky balance. Buy one of the best kits money can buy and try not to build it with the best parts money can buy. I guess a servo, motor, esc etc can always be swapped out later. However, the temptation must be there to want to put the best of everything into it.

Patience is something I lack and it has always been a struggle when I'm working within this hobby. I've bought cheap kits, expensive kits, and everything in between. Regardless of price point, I have had my battles with all of them.

Other have told me that you can't enjoy this hobby without being able to deal with the frustration. I disagree. If something frustrates me enough, I will throw it away, regardless of cost and move on to something else. I find plenty of way to stay stress free!

Yeah, frustrations are hard but if you have a budget like me you won’t throw something away

It took me long to choose each component on my car
for example the Radio is very known and highly appreciated
The motor is very durable and very smooth because it's a 6 poles
Not necessary to speak about the esc wp sc8, one of the best 4s esc
Just to give you example that we don't need the highest cost

It took me long to choose each component on my car
for example the Radio is very known and highly appreciated
The motor is very durable and very smooth because it's a 6 poles
Not necessary to speak about the esc wp sc8, one of the best 4s esc
Just to give you example that we don't need the highest cost

I started off all wrong a few years ago by buying a cheap RTR, then fixing things that broke. They broke often. I'd improve them. Something else would break, and so on. When I was done, it may as well have been a kit because it was nothing like what I bought. It sure was better, though! That was satisfying (but a good kit would have been cheaper).

That's why I bought the Eb-48.3

agree 100%, i was never be satisfied with an RTR. it's a shame that so many kits are only available as RTR because they always come with cheap components

We like these things but they don’t always go to well together and that is sad.
What do you guys think?
Unfortunately it seems you get what you pay for...although I've had decent results with SMC batteries which seem to be pretty close to quality at a "relatively"cheap price

Reactions: Hye
I feel like Arrma 1/8 vehicles are the closest thing to cheap/quality, in the hobby. I still think those are the best buy for someone who doesn't have the time/budget to do a kit. I've had 2 of their vehicles (still have 1) and they have been great for a RTR. Every other RTR I own has taken a lot of $ to get where I want it or to keep it going reliably. Honestly, even a few of my kits have been pricey w/o the quality I had hoped for. Tekno might be a little pricey right up front, but the quality ends up saving you $ in the long run. Just a lot to consider when purchasing RC stuff.

+1 on Arrma being a great quality at a good price.

I had the intention of selling my Kraton when I bought my ET but lately I have been taking it with me to the parks and there is always someone there that has a blast driving it. I run 4S in it and just give them the TX and let me tell you, someone that has not really driven an RC before can be brutal on it and and it just takes it.

It’s a great way to meet people and possibly even get them into the hobby. One guy shook my hand and said thank you when he was done and told me he really appreciated it and said it meant more than I would ever know. Not sure what that meant exactly, maybe he was going through something or whatever but I was happy to know that just giving him a nice truck to bash around with was enough brighten his day and hopefully take his mind off of whatever it was he was dealing with.

That is pretty awesome, man. Probably make someone's day by handing over a machine like that to try. And for sure the Kraton is such an awesome truck. As I mentioned in my other post, I feel like it is probably the best choice for pure bashing, which is why I was close to buying one. But instead I sorta converted my Typhon into a machine that can be like a Kraton. The ET is a better machine, no doubt. I feel like that truck can take as much punishment as anything out there lol. I usually don't bash my 8ight-t 3.0 in really dirty spots, since it also does 50/50 track duty. So I keep the bashing pretty light for that reason on that truck. I would be the same way if I had an ET, even though the certainly can handle it. But if someone who has no interest in track racing, and wants the best quality basher out there, then yes an ET or MT410 have to be the most quality choice, in my opinion.

Recent Popular Liked

Back