• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Chassis Life Span

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve B in Vegas

Reaction score
As a general estimate, how long to chassis last on non-bashing buggies. This is mostly about buggies used for some racing and general use, but not cannon fodder for jumping off of roofs or other mayhem.

Is it one of those things where they last until an unfortunate accident, or do they eventually just wear out.?

s

This is impossible to answer because there are far too many variables that would wear a chassis differently and everyone is going to have a different opinion on when they might feel a chassis needs to be replaced.

I bought a used EB48.3 and no idea how old it was when I got it, but I put a full year of additional racing on it average 1 race day per week before I sold it.

Then I built a new EB48.4 and got about 2 years of use before I sold that car. Also got 2 years of track time on my ET48.3 before I sold it.

I got 5+ years out of my SCT410.1 before I sold that car... never once have I had the need to replace any of the chassis on any of these cars.

Things to watch out for... excessive wear on the droop tabs, sometimes they will eventually snap off, and the rear of the chassis will tend to wear paper thin and then you risk wearing your D block if you don't replace the chassis soon enough.

Dry hard pack tracks tend to wear a chassis faster than a wet loamy track with more fluff. Lots of jumps at a skate park will probably wear a chassis fairly quick.

Thanks Bill,

I was wondering if I needed to order a spare chassis for my Nomad. They might be hard to find in the future, but with your comments and my driving style, I don't think it's needed.

Thanks!

Recent Popular Liked

Back