• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Center drive shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tshering

Reaction score
I just recently built the MT410 and installed a spectrum esc and motor set. I ran the truck on 4s lipo, and on the first crash the center drive shaft (long) bent in the middle. Anyone have this experience? Any suggestion on an upgrade to avoid this happening again?

It’s something that happens. I have bent them even with the big m2c brace on my stretched mt410. I always keep one on hand. I found one of the older steel shafts and was using that for a while till it too bent.

If you’re really gentle, you can bend it back. I’ve done it multiple times when the damage wasn’t too bad. If not, send back to Tekno and get 50% off the replacement part.

RC chassis do bend in order to provide traction. That flex is part of why they are fast. Now bashers like to lock things down with aluminum braces for that very reason of protecting the driveline. Basher chassis like M2C are also going to be stiffer (and hence, slower on the track).

If you’re planning for hardcore bashing or jumping, you may want to consider a few upgrades. There is plenty of aftermarket support for the MT.

I always forget about the Tekno warranty. I need to start saving my bent/broken parts.

Recent Popular Liked

Back