• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Rear center drive bearing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan0823

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hi, forum I want to ask have anyone had a problem with the rear center drive bearing popping out forward after driving there tekno mt410? If so is there anyway to prevent that from happening so no damage to it will accure? Thanks any advice would be greatly appreciated. ? I also ordered the the big center brace from ebay for my tekno its on its way.

Attachments

• 20210226_165546.jpg
    20210226_165546.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 178
  • 20210226_165543.jpg
    20210226_165543.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 183
Hi, forum I want to ask have anyone had a problem with the rear center drive bearing popping out forward after driving there tekno mt410? If so is there anyway to prevent that from happening so no damage to it will accure? Thanks any advice would be greatly appreciated. ? I also ordered the the big center brace from ebay for my tekno its on its way.
The drive cup holds the bearing in, so if it is coming out you most likely do not have the drive cup on all the way. You will have to open the rear gearbox to properly tighten it down.

Ok thanks for the response it pops out a little bit but not all the way. Now I wanna ask? that bearing doesn't supposed to move forward at all in anyway? Not even a little bit?

Drive cup needs to be in all the way with just a touch of play. It can be too tight.

mine did this on its first run and ate the rear diff. I actually had the retaining ring come out of the bulkhead as well. My grub screw was still tight. When it said there needs to be a tick of play, even with the shim? I would of thought the shim provides the clearance, or does it need a small amount of play with the shim also?

mine did this on its first run and ate the rear diff. I actually had the retaining ring come out of the bulkhead as well. My grub screw was still tight. When it said there needs to be a tick of play, even with the shim? I would of thought the shim provides the clearance, or does it need a small amount of play with the shim also?
Yes very small amount of play with the shim installed. You don't hold the drive cup tight against when tightening the screw

Remember that when you torque down the grub screw, it will pull the cup in that direction just a tiny bit as well.

This is getting way too technical, an I don't recommend it if you don't know what you're doing, but back in my competitive racing days, when I would assemble a new race kit, if there was a grub screw, I would mark the end with a piece of day-glow chaulk an screw it in until it just touched the shaft surface, take it off, then take a ball-end dremel grind bit about the same size as the end of the screw to that mark to VERY SLIGHTLY put an almost imperceivable divot where that chaulk mark was. In a pinch, I'd use a punch. Then when assembling again, the grub screw would "walk" into that channel without it drifting.

Recent Popular Liked

Back