• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Rear and center chassis brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lampshade9909

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET48
Driving Style
Racer
I have the EB48 2.0

Is it worth removing the rear and center chassis brace for racing (not bashing) to get better traction? The fast guy at my track told me to do it, but I’m not as good of a driver and crash way more than him. Should I expect to eventually break something by removing them? In a Q/A session on Facebook a pro tekno driver mentioned he does not risk it with his ET48 2.0. So I’m worried I shouldn’t since I crash way more than these great drivers

I don't race the EB48 2.0 anymore but I've logged 36 race days on the chassis and never once installed the center nor rear brace, I also removed the side guards to get more flex and removed the center battery strap slots as well. Never once damaged anything without the braces. I did have to replace the spindles every 6-8 race days and went through kingpins like candy, more on my thoughts of the chassis here:
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/build-review-eb48-2-0.1864/post-17986

I don't race the EB48 2.0 anymore but I've logged 36 race days on the chassis and never once installed the center nor rear brace, I also removed the side guards to get more flex and removed the center battery strap slots as well. Never once damaged anything without the braces. I did have to replace the spindles every 6-8 race days and went through kingpins like candy, more on my thoughts of the chassis here:
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/build-review-eb48-2-0.1864/post-17986
I bet you crash a lot less frequently than I do :-D Wow, so you shed every bit of bracing then. I don't think I'll go as far as side guards any time soon. Maybe If I can pull off 10 laps in a row without crashing I'll come to that point :-D

Thanks for the details. Looks like I have a few spares to stock up on.

Yes I'm a fairly clean driver, but have my fair share of crashes on a new layout, that's usually when I break parts the most often as I learn what I can or can't do on a new layout :)

went through kingpins like candy
Great details in this post. I'll be sure to dig through it all.

What are you referring to when you say kingpins? Are those the pins in the dog bone driveshafts (TKR8072) or are they the king ping shoulder screws (TKR8042)?

I have the EB48 2.0

Is it worth removing the rear and center chassis brace for racing (not bashing) to get better traction? The fast guy at my track told me to do it, but I’m not as good of a driver and crash way more than him. Should I expect to eventually break something by removing them? In a Q/A session on Facebook a pro tekno driver mentioned he does not risk it with his ET48 2.0. So I’m worried I shouldn’t since I crash way more than these great drivers
Can’t compare buggy (EB) chassis flex with truggy (ET) chassis flex.

The truggy is longer (more flex) and carries more weight (even more flex).

Great details in this post. I'll be sure to dig through it all.

What are you referring to when you say kingpins? Are those the pins in the dog bone driveshafts (TKR8072) or are they the king ping shoulder screws (TKR8042)?

The King Pin Shoulder Screws, AKA King Pins... the "shoulders" tend to snap and crack off which expose the bearings to dirt... if you don't replace them then you'll be replacing bearings all the time, pick your poison, ha!

Can’t compare buggy (EB) chassis flex with truggy (ET) chassis flex.

The truggy is longer (more flex) and carries more weight (even more flex).
That's a really good point. The weight feels pretty similar between the two to me (without the tires on), but the extra length makes a massive difference. I'll continue with the extra flex on the buggy, but I won't remove any braces on the truggy.

The King Pin Shoulder Screws, AKA King Pins... the "shoulders" tend to snap and crack off which expose the bearings to dirt... if you don't replace them then you'll be replacing bearings all the time, pick your poison, ha!
Interesting. I never know that part of the screw was the shoulder. Makes sense. I'll stock up on some candy.

Recent Popular Liked

Back