• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Center Diff Binding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksaucerman

Reaction score
Hi all I just started building my EB 48 and finished all the diffs. I built them all the same way and the front and rear are great. The center diff seems like it binds every once and a while. Is that normal or do I need to pull it apart. If I do have to pull it apart what am I looking for since it is all brand new. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

it should be smooth with no binding, I would double check the manual and verify all the parts are in the correct place.... it might be possible that you've over tightened the screws, maybe back off a turn of each screw and see if that makes a difference? If the binding goes away, then chances are you may have crushed the gasket and may need to replace it :(

Thank you for the reply.
I may have over tightened. I thought about that. So if I back em off and it fixes it I will need to replace the gasket right?

Well I just loosened and it made no difference but maybe as you said the gasket is already crushed. I will get new gasket and pull it apart. Thanks

Just bought new gaskets and a new diff housing. Is there anything else I should look for when I open it up? Thanks

I would just double check everything is seated correctly.

Over tightening the diffs is probably the most common cause of a freshly built diff binding up.

Curious how your diff rebuild went?

I had the same exact gear binding issue when I built my EB410. Turned out I had over-tightened the assembly and compressed the diff gears. On the rebuilt I was careful not to over-tighten. Chose to replace the spur gear, diff case and gasket to address any potential damage. Worked great - super smooth diff that was a huge improvement over my initial build.

Also made sure that I started by getting the screws to a point where they were several turns out, then tightened them down evenly as I went. Also recommend that you give the assembly some intermittent slow turns between tightening to make sure everything is seating correctly.

Hope it turned out well, let us know! ?

Sorry I didn't see the previous post. Yes after I rebuilt center diff and did not overtighten the diff ran smooth and no more binding.

I am having the exact same problem with my NB48 2.O. Gears are completely locked if I tighten them all the way down. If I back them out a half turn everything is smooth, but it leaks like crazy. Hopefully the new gaskets I ordered do the trick. Makes me nervous lol

Recent Popular Liked

Back