• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

6s Battery? Not finding one I like...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smirkracing

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
Hi All,

I am looking for a 6s battery for my ET48. I played around with a Turnigy Graphene 6s, 4000 mah, but I was not happy with the fit. Although it does fit within the published specs for the ET48 battery tray, I found it to be a little too close to the driveshaft. I know some people are ok with this pack, but I'm looking for something a just a bit smaller (maybe 5-10mm less in width).

Are there any other 6s packs that people like? I wish Proktek made a 6s pack that would work, but they don't seem to do so.

I am consider this Gens Ace hard case pack, 6s 4500mah:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/gens-ace-6s-hard-case-60c-lipo-battery-22.2v-4500mah-ga-b1105/p779340

For whatever reason, this pack seems to have more capacity even though it is a little smaller and weighs less than the Turnigy Graphene.

Anyone have experience with Gens Ace? Other packs you like in the 6s, 4000mah range?

Hi All,

I am looking for a 6s battery for my ET48. I played around with a Turnigy Graphene 6s, 4000 mah, but I was not happy with the fit. Although it does fit within the published specs for the ET48 battery tray, I found it to be a little too close to the driveshaft. I know some people are ok with this pack, but I'm looking for something a just a bit smaller (maybe 5-10mm less in width).

Are there any other 6s packs that people like? I wish Proktek made a 6s pack that would work, but they don't seem to do so.

I am consider this Gens Ace hard case pack, 6s 4500mah:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/gens-ace-6s-hard-case-60c-lipo-battery-22.2v-4500mah-ga-b1105/p779340

For whatever reason, this pack seems to have more capacity even though it is a little smaller and weighs less than the Turnigy Graphene.

Anyone have experience with Gens Ace? Other packs you like in the 6s, 4000mah range?
I have about twenty 2s Gens Ace packs and have had them for about 2 years now and they are all still performing great and haven't had any issues with any of them.

The turnigy batteries are large and heavy for the capacity of the batteries but I hear great things about them.

I like using powerhobby 5200 6s LiPo. Fits great in my EB, ET and mt410. There $170 for a pair.

If you're looking for a light weight pack, the Turnigy Basher 6S 4000mah pack is good. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/basher-4000mah-6s-65c-hardcase-pack.html

SMC, Vant, and Hobbystar also carry 6S hardcase packs.

The basher pack work fines for "average" setups but I wouldn't recommend them for big motors, high gearing, etc. The Graphenes can handle anything you throw at them, but they do require protection from the outdrive.

Last edited:
@smirkracing I'm an SMC fan as well, take a look at their battery offerings.

I have had too many gens ace 4s batteries go bad...I don't bother with them much these days. SMC has done excellent for me in all my battery sizes I use so far. Hobbystar has also been a recent new brand I have used (4s) and so far have been really please with them too, but but they are also my newest batteries so they haven't gone through the test of time yet.

If I was to spend a little extra on a battery these days I would go with orion, but so far I have only used a few different 2s batteries from them and couldn't vogue for any other sizes.

Powerhobby 6s 100c 5000mah hard case
SMC 6s 90c 4500mah hard case
Gens Ace 6s 4500nah hard case
Hobbystar 6s 50c 4800mah hard case

I don’t own any of these yet, but I’m in the same situation with my mt410. I don’t like wedging the larger batteries in there. Especially soft case ones that seem to get torn up easily. I have a 6s hrb that works great in my arrma’s but doesn’t fit well in the mt410.

Also, I tried a powerhobby 6s 50c 5200mah soft case which fits ok, but far underperforms the cheaper hrb 6s 50c 5000mah battery. It had noticeably less punch and lots of voltage sag.

The hrb was bigger and heavier though.

Seems like every battery has some supporters and some folks who have had bad experiences.

I grabbed a hard case protek for one of my smaller 2wd cars and the hard case broke on my 2nd run. One end just shattered. Not sure how, I’ve run plenty of packs in that rig secured with straps with very little room to move.

I also got the 6s Gens Ace 4500. It fits just about perfectly. I need to add a little plastic shim in the corner of the battery tray near the center diff outdrive and I will be all set. I have run it 2-3 times and so far so good. Will keep my fingers crossed that it will work well and last for a while.

I wish we had a trusted tester like Jang for vehicles. I can’t figure out how some packs are 15-25% lighter than others (for the same watt hrs). There have to be pros and cons to each. I don’t think the MAH ratings are inaccurate because the packs I own (whether on the heavy side or the light side) do accept the rated charge (so that should be fine unless my charger is also in on the conspiracy).

I have no easy way to directly measure C ratings and so forth, so all I’m left with is “feel”. So far the gens ace pack feels ok. So did the turnigy graphenes. I can’t tell them apart as a basher.

Anyway thanks for all the advice from all the members here.

Gens ace are great batteries. Have one for a couple of years now, still works like it did new.
Also have a Corally I really like.
Both are 3s, but nice punch and capacity.

Make sure your long Velcro strap is in the furthest forward hole and you shouldn’t have clearence issues.

Recent Popular Liked

Back