• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 on 2S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaceBash

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
This vehicle is ~3/4 of a pound heavier than my old LCG Slash 4x4. It runs cool enough on 2S with a 4300Kv motor and a 120A TrackstarSCT(same as the more popular Toro 120SC). These weights are minus batteries.

I am sure it will run on 2S just like it is but will likely be less than exciting in acceleration. The first question is, How is this ESC likely to perform with my sensorless 4300 Kv motor. I think its a GoolRC motor but I am not near it at the moment. Maybe fewer pinion teeth will get me where I want to be.

Option 2 is a really big pinion on the current motor.

Option 3 just run my current 2S packs in series and keep everything as it is. I also have a 4S SMC pack that came with this used 48.3 - I haven't even charged it yet. I buy packs in pairs typically.

The motor is moderately high kv and will be 1/10th dimensions. I would gear it quite low at first and see how far it can be pushed before it gets too hot (likeley not much) provided the gearing is right it will run on 2S no problem however that setup will be only 2S suitable not 3 or 4S.

I run a 15T pinion with my HobbyWing 3660-4300KV motor on 2S in my SCT410.1 for club racing on a medium to large 1/10 track with a hot lap in the 25 sec range for reference.

I was able to spend some quality time with this vehicle yesterday. On 2S is, as expected too slow. But it was still fast enough in a couple of corners to see that this thing is precise. I had planned to use a higher KV motor for 2S running but I really like the sensored system. If the Tekin combo and the mounting system will allow/tolerate a 21 tooth pinion then I think this car may be as fast as it needs to be for this track. I am currently running a 17 tooth so 21 should give me something close to a 25% increase.

Also, it has a steel spur gear so I think the noise level on 4S may be normal. But it sounds like a large angry animal at WOT on 4S. I don't see any place for slippage that wouldn't result in a total failure.

What is the weight of you 48.3 without battery in it?

Very close to 5lb, 15oz with my 1/10 scale 3800KV motor and ESC installed. My Slash 4x4 was ~5.25 lbs and I have thrashed it on 2S with a 4300KV motor for several months. With my only pinion, a 17 tooth mod1, its a little too much I think. I have a 14 tooth pinion on the way.

As far as I can tell, the EB48SL weighed in at 6.5lbs.

Has anyone run a 27tooth gear on a short track and what was the result. Is it too tall a gear?

Can anyone post the weights (minus ESC, motor and battery) of the SCT and SL? I still need to measure my motor heat but the finger test says it "pretty dang hot".

I am currently running with a Toro/Trackstar 120A SCT ESC and 3900KV motor. Gearing is 14/44. I am considering going back to the Tekin RX8 with the 1900KV and a big pinion. If all else is equal then I would think that the size alone would be able to release more heat simply due to the added surface area. The 1900KV motor with a 17T pinion was too slow.

I am not quite ready to totally give up on the 1/10 scale electronics. I have a heatsink arriving soon and will give that a try. Even without the heatsink, I think I could run with this setup but i wouldn't want to run multiple consecutive pack like i normally do.

Finally, do sensored motors typically run cooler than non-sensored while racing? Currently my only sensored motor is the 1900 Tekin. But if a sensored motor could help then I might consider a sensored motor in the 2800-3000 range.

Recent Popular Liked

Back