• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Xt60 connectors 4s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReMiXeDg

Reaction score
I ordered a 75c 7200mah 4s lipo from SMC and I choose xt60 connectors and I plan to use it with my 2200kv motor MMM will I have any issues or should I change then out to xt90?

I use ec5 (xt90 equivalent). I'm also an electrician.

My personal thought is that if I use a connector that can handle more current than I need then I've lost nothing, but if I use a connector that is too small just once then I may well lose everything.

It's just not worth the risk to me.

Do as you will :)

My personal thought is that if I use a connector that can handle more current than I need then I've lost nothing, but if I use a connector that is too small just once then I may well lose everything.

I like EC5 better too. Nice tight connection. I have newer Arrma vehicles that the come IC5 standard which is compatible with EC5. My Arrma Kraton came with XT90 though.

I agree. I'd much rather use a larger connector than one to small to handle the current.

I'm a big fan of the EC5 connectors.

I like EC5 better too. Nice tight connection. I have newer Arrma vehicles that the come IC5 standard which is compatible with EC5. My Arrma Kraton came with XT90 though.

Both connectors use 5mm bullets and essentially can carry the same current. Either one is great!

XT90's are less bulky and are easier to push on and off, while still having a very snug fit IME.

I just prefer XT90's as they are easier to solder ???
And re-usable... I was using EC3 connectors and switched to XT60 simply for the reusability. Only after switching did I realize that this size connector could be so easy to separate. EC3s are a PITA. My EB48.3 had EC5 connectors and they seemed much better but still not reusable.

I am still using XT60s at the moment even on the 48 but I don't detect a lot of heat after a run. When I tried to run 2S on the same 1/8 E-buggy I had heat everywhere, wires, connectors, everywhere. Disclaimer, I am running 60% throttle EPA because of my small track. The small track is what I thought I could get away with 2S.

Ive only really run Traxxas trucks in the past so have been used to using the Traxxas ID connectors, which are super easy when it comes to charging etc too. I find them easy to unplug and very convenient, however for my Tekno kit Im likely to go with XT90's.....

Recent Popular Liked

Back