• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410SL Weight of a SCT410SL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyUs

Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET410
  3. SCT410
What does your Tekno RC SCT410SL weight?

I purposely didn't try to make the SCT410SL as light as possible. I like my RCs to have a bit of weight to them. Badlands, and longer than needed(?) motor contributions...

1685899678584.jpeg
1685899613102.jpeg

What does your Tekno RC SCT410SL weight?

I purposely didn't try to make the SCT410SL as light as possible. I like my RCs to have a bit of weight to them. Badlands, and longer than needed(?) motor contributions...

View attachment 9560View attachment 9559
Interesting RustyUs! Hard to see but looks like 2900g? Which equals 6.4lbs.
My SCT410.3 fully set up with heavy duty T-Bone front bumper, extra nylon plate rear bumper and 8600mah ProTech 2s battery, Hobbywing XR8 SCT esc and XeRun 3200kv 3660 motor (DE racing wheels/ProLine blockade tires) weighs in at 7.1lbs. Seems like for most of use the extra durability of the STD SCT would be worth more than that little bit of weight savings. Curious what the durability is like in comparison?

Interesting RustyUs! Hard to see but looks like 2900g? Which equals 6.4lbs.
My SCT410.3 fully set up with heavy duty T-Bone front bumper, extra nylon plate rear bumper and 8600mah ProTech 2s battery, Hobbywing XR8 SCT esc and XeRun 3200kv 3660 motor (DE racing wheels/ProLine blockade tires) weighs in at 7.1lbs. Seems like for most of use the extra durability of the STD SCT would be worth more than that little bit of weight savings. Curious what the durability is like in comparison?
Yes, 6.4 lbs. is correct. My SCT410.3 weights right up there at 7.05 lbs. as well. I can't comment on long term durability on the SCT410SL yet as I only had a handful of 3 1/2' lawn darting instances coupled with a handful of violent cartwheels. The SL is so fun to throw around I don't even bother with my 2wd SCTs hardly anymore. I'm sure I'll get back into running my SC10s more often. It's just the "I got to play with new toy" feeling. I typically run an extra 3.75 oz. on my 2wd SCT/ST platforms to smooth things out on rough track.

Anyone know the bare chassis weight before adding electronics/ wheels and tires is on the SL compared to the 410.3

That seems like a good apple's to apple's comparison. I'm guessing that there's not a huge difference from what everyone is saying.

Of course it could be argued, in the racing format even a little weight can mean a lot so preference could come into play.

I have 3 different weights of mine in race form ( for turf )
2,690g with full stick 2s pack
2,648g with short 2s pack and 36g plate
2,612g with short 2s pack no extra plate
FWIW , the truck I raced with before this was my Losi SCTE 3.0 and that truck and race weight was 2,899g .
I almost want to say it runs best for me with the full stick pack @ 2,690g , less is a little to “light” , LOL !

Anyone know the bare chassis weight before adding electronics/ wheels and tires is on the SL compared to the 410.3

That seems like a good apple's to apple's comparison. I'm guessing that there's not a huge difference from what everyone is saying.

Of course it could be argued, in the racing format even a little weight can mean a lot so preference could come into play.
I don't have weights of the platforms before installing electronics and whatnots. I did some calculations from manuals/documents specs on each component's weight, and with same electronics, same body & tires on both trucks... there is 318g difference.

Recent Popular Liked

Back