• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

VTA or Street Touring Body on MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick45

Reaction score
I'm doing this. I picked a '68 Mustang VTA body and have mashed it up a bit in two days... From what I can tell, I should have picked a body that allows for better mounting. I.E. The spoiler is getting trashed and the hood is a poor mounting option. I didn't like the El Camino or GTO options--that's a me problem. I'd post pictures, but it's on the bench after climbing an oak tree (you know the drill). Anyway, here is what I'm hoping to figure out:

1. Has anyone else tried to make a '68 Mustang with some serious...?
2. If you have, what kind of mounting options might make the holes able to come in a bit towards the center or out towards the wheels?
3. I have an '87 Monte Carlo body on the way to replace it, has anyone had experience with that?

Really, I'm just looking for a good place to get MT410 compatible mounting options without digging into the interland forever.
Lil help?

It’s off the bench with the VTA mustang body and belted 3.8 Proline Trenchers. I’ll be back to post the Monte Carlo street body once it’s painted. Does anyone have any tales of caution with the oversized tires on this rig?

Attachments

• F26B39E3-2D13-45FE-95ED-A5C996A250D2.jpeg
    F26B39E3-2D13-45FE-95ED-A5C996A250D2.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 337
  • 89E46516-CDB6-4973-B22F-A7138F35E689.jpeg
    89E46516-CDB6-4973-B22F-A7138F35E689.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 336
  • 24D209B6-C9A7-4DC8-B058-E9E8FB4DF89C.jpeg
    24D209B6-C9A7-4DC8-B058-E9E8FB4DF89C.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 349
Those Trenchers are notoriously heavy but will work on the MT410. They will offer good air control on jumps, but will hurt handling.

Tire wise, there is no one-size-fits-all. I use Backflips 6s since the hight and weight give plenty of air control. Truggy race tires when driving around the track. backflips lp (4s) for all around.

The backflips are the best bang for the buck today; multiple size options, a good basic 17mm hex rim with not too much offset that works great on the MT410, good traction for thread life ratio and little ballooning.

From the top of my head:
Backflips 6s: 172mm tall and ~340g
Backflips lp 4s: 156mm and 280g
Truggy 1/8 racing : 140 to 143mm for ~180g

The belted Trenchers 3.8 are at 170mm and 490g if I recall well.

Last edited:
Those Trenchers are notoriously heavy but will work on the MT410. They will offer good air control on jumps, but will hurt handling.

Tire wise, there is no one-size-fits-all. I use Backflips 6s since the hight and weight give plenty of air control. Truggy race tires when driving around the track. backflips lp (4s) for all around.

The backflips are the best bang for the buck today; multiple size options, a good basic 17mm hex rim with not too much offset that works great on the MT410, good traction for thread life ratio and little ballooning.

From the top of my head:
Backflips 6s: 172mm tall and ~340g
Backflips lp 4s: 156mm and 280g
Truggy 1/8 racing : 140 to 143mm

The belted Trenchers 3.8 are at 170mm and 490g if I recall well.
Thanks for the info. The trenchers feel like they're a bit much I got them for the lack of ballooning and air control. I also love the look of a big meaty tire on this thing. I might have to grab 4s backflips and some truggy tires too!

Thanks for the info. The trenchers feel like they're a bit much I got them for the lack of ballooning and air control. I also love the look of a big meaty tire on this thing. I might have to grab 4s backflips and some truggy tires too!
I like the muscle car look. Here is mine with Truggy tires:
IMG_2440.JPG

IMG_2441.JPG

The Truggy tires look good with the spoke wheels! Do you have a link to them? How do they hold up? I bet the handling is sweet too. What body is that?

The Truggy tires look good with the spoke wheels! Do you have a link to them? How do they hold up? I bet the handling is sweet too. What body is that?
Those are unfortunately older discontinued wheels I found used on ebay.

The body in Proline e-revo bash armor. Super strong and a lot nicer than the russian unbreakable garbage. Almost a fit, had to grind the body posts.

Here's some 1/2 offset duratrax xcon truggy tires . This is an old thread but I haven't seen anybody mention these. The foams are nice and stiff and they handle decent in gravel but I quickly took them off to save tread for when I run on my friends backyard track. Sag is extremely low in this pic due to two large 3s packs. I wasn't thrilled with the handling overall but I know 3s on the small track will be great

Attachments

• IMG_20210219_161229.jpg
    IMG_20210219_161229.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 198
Those Trenchers are big, heavy, MEATY. However, they are still a good viable option because of air control, as has been mentioned, provided you have an equally good, torquey, MEATY servo to go along with them to even swing them well when parked. In that case, caps are your friends. lol

Recent Popular Liked

Back