• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

(un)Official VW Bug Body MT410 thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chili81

Reaction score
Hey all - just finishing up my first tekno build! My MT410 and it runs beautifully in my driveway without a body (max8/leopard-4074-1800kv) but before I can really wring it out, I need to finish the body. I went with the common pro-line VW Baja bug body, and figured it seems like a common option so maybe collecting any tips would be good.

Anyway - to kick it off, (and my ulterior motive), I think the wing is flimsy as hell. I just see it as a big lever to help crashes do more damage to the main body. So that said, I'm going to leave it off - I did spend more than my normal time on this body, and it's tough, but that flimsy rear end with a. big old flimsy wing bolted to it just says "rip off here" to me.

So TL;DR.... anyone skip the wing and come up with a clever cool finish for the mount points? I don't think it looks terrible, but seems like an opportunity for something interesting.... if nothing else, maybe interesting pegs/sliders for sliding/grinding on the roof side without wrecking the body?

I'm not the greatest driver/racer, but I do appreciate the overall quality of the build and am really excited to run some packs through it.

Attachments

• IMG_1423.jpeg
    IMG_1423.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1422.jpeg
    IMG_1422.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 88
I would highly recomend shoe goo and drywall tape. I used the same body and and after a few rollovers it was destroyed. The rear end of it just breaks all the way from the body post holes. I had the wing...it lasted about 2 minutes.

Those all look great... wish I could do flames too. Yeah I love the look too - wish it was a bit tougher, but still looks cool without the wing I think... I'll probably just leave it off.

I did do the shoe goo treatment - used carbon fiber fabric instead of drywall tape - but same deal. All down the center where I figured it would hit, and also reinforced the body post spots. Will have to see how it holds up.

Mine is also mounted a bit more forward than ideal because of where the posts were going to hit. Doesn't look bad, but probably better about 3/4" farther back. Anyone mess with that?

Those all look great... wish I could do flames too. Yeah I love the look too - wish it was a bit tougher, but still looks cool without the wing I think... I'll probably just leave it off.

I did do the shoe goo treatment - used carbon fiber fabric instead of drywall tape - but same deal. All down the center where I figured it would hit, and also reinforced the body post spots. Will have to see how it holds up.

Mine is also mounted a bit more forward than ideal because of where the posts were going to hit. Doesn't look bad, but probably better about 3/4" farther back. Anyone mess with that?
I have some of that "Body Armor" I'm going to use and see how it works.

The bug body will set too high in the front unless the body posts are modified. It is worth all the extra effort.

Attachments

• 6AA1E512-6798-4EBE-B169-5AC114FD549C.jpeg
    6AA1E512-6798-4EBE-B169-5AC114FD549C.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 5A94EE75-ED46-4D5A-B25E-474C16703DB6.jpeg
    5A94EE75-ED46-4D5A-B25E-474C16703DB6.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 95F4E474-8368-4D09-A3C2-63B281B4CE16.jpeg
    95F4E474-8368-4D09-A3C2-63B281B4CE16.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 92

Yeah I did
5D7436CC-2BF0-4ED8-B771-A6F606FA19C1.jpeg

Soooo.... finally took it out for some real bashing today, and on my first pack of jumping and flipping, it essentially disintegrated.

I may have made things worse by only reinforcing the impact zones which may have introduced stress concentrations in the fenders and back window area. The roof and hood are great even though I landed fully tires-up once. But the fenders essentially broke off on one side and cracked up through the back window.

I think I'm going to try to patch it up and save for sunny parade days - I liked how it looked so much! Probably slap a Russian bug body on since this is my only dedicated true basher (only car that will ever be intentionally upside down in the air) so I can just focus on making my other cars look cool and just make this one tough.

I also noticed it doesn't seem quite as amazing for rolling over as I was expecting. Once I start rocking, sometimes it kind of falls over to the side instead of rolling over straight. Not terrible though - always able to self right, just might take a couple tries.

The bug body will set too high in the front unless the body posts are modified. It is worth all the extra effort.
Speaking of Russian bodies! Is that the unbreakable bug? Looks pretty good - I though it was elongated and weird looking. Or did you just plaster something over the Baja bug for strength?

Here's the damage.
IMG_1509.jpeg

Soooo.... finally took it out for some real bashing today, and on my first pack of jumping and flipping, it essentially disintegrated.

I may have made things worse by only reinforcing the impact zones which may have introduced stress concentrations in the fenders and back window area. The roof and hood are great even though I landed fully tires-up once. But the fenders essentially broke off on one side and cracked up through the back window.

I think I'm going to try to patch it up and save for sunny parade days - I liked how it looked so much! Probably slap a Russian bug body on since this is my only dedicated true basher (only car that will ever be intentionally upside down in the air) so I can just focus on making my other cars look cool and just make this one tough.

I also noticed it doesn't seem quite as amazing for rolling over as I was expecting. Once I start rocking, sometimes it kind of falls over to the side instead of rolling over straight. Not terrible though - always able to self right, just might take a couple tries.

Speaking of Russian bodies! Is that the unbreakable bug? Looks pretty good - I though it was elongated and weird looking. Or did you just plaster something over the Baja bug for strength?
Yeah, it is the russian unbreakable bug. I had a F-150 Raptor body painted nice that didn’t make it one day. This is the image that it had on ebay when I bought it (see the link)>.

https://probodyrc.com/products/kuzov-dlya-short-korsa-1-10-volkswagen-baja-bug

I was wanting to buy from his probodyrc website for my next one but I don’t know if it’s better than eBay. I don’t think I can reinforce a regular body enough to make it through one day. The thing I don’t like about the bug is the sides don’t hug the chassis and let dirt in on the electronics. You can use wire mesh and melt (lightly) it into the back of the unbreakable bodies for reinforcement at spots like the shock towers. The wing was cool but it kept ripping off and splitting so I vetoed it.

I cut it out with these short nose scissors mostly the rounded ones.

Attachments

• 4AFD3889-C552-489C-81FE-A11FB5AE2835.jpeg
    4AFD3889-C552-489C-81FE-A11FB5AE2835.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 53
Cool that doesn't look too bad. I think I had seen an elongated one for another car I have - a LWB Arrma, and it looked pretty dopey. Think I'll give it a shot.... I don't want to have to shoe goo the hell out of any body I put on it..

I would stay away from the russian bodies, the quality is crap. There’s multiple new options from Turkey, Germany and the UK. And there is the Proline Bash armor serie, best bodies I have ever owned. Very strong and durable.

Last edited:
I would stay away from the russian bodies, there quality is crap. There’s multiple new options from Turkey, Germany and the UK. And there is the Proline Bash armor serie, best bodies I have ever owned. Very strong and durable.
Is there a decent bash armor body that fits the stock mounts? Or at least the car with some mount customization?

Is there a decent bash armor body that fits the stock mounts? Or at least the car with some mount customization?
The Kraton bash armor body on LWB MT410 with Arrma body posts. The body is suprisingly narrow and fits the MT perfectly.
CB52F9DD-7794-4BF5-A9E8-4788FE5617A7.jpeg

The e-revo bash armor on the stock MT410 (requires minimal grinding to fit)
9838B53D-9DF7-4560-B0CF-78F04494B044.jpeg

D68A5727-3E26-455A-A6EF-D25070DFB28A.jpeg

I put one of those bug bodies on a Swb Mojave. I used gorilla tape. It’s been bashed hard and it is holding up well. I’ve tried many different methods on bodies and gorilla tape seems to be the best I’ve tried.

Recent Popular Liked

Back