• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48 2.0 Tyres!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• IMG_20200605_193330.jpg
    IMG_20200605_193330.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
@Ifti those sweeps seems to scrap the metal when turning.

Looks like this guy gets rubbing too.

Post 11

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/11675142-tekno-rc-eb48-2-0-a.html

Yeh I noticed its a very fine fit - just a hair or so away from the metal, but I don't seem to be getting any rubbing just yet - the white plastic on the inner edge of the wheel still seems scratch free. I got the wheels for free anyways so I'm gonna run em regardless lol
I want to pick up a set of off-road wheels for more regular use TBH - just looking around at the moment. Maybe some badlands.

Last edited:
Is that with the shocks attached, and at full droop?
The picture makes it look like more than the kit recommended 115mm droop starting point.

Its also missing the steering linkage and is probably turning further than it would otherwise be allowed to.

I think if you use 80mm wheels you can easyly run out of space and finally rub on the carrier and on the locknut that holds the steering link screw, because the inner diameter is to small then.

83+mm wheels should work way better.

Its also missing the steering linkage and is probably turning further than it would otherwise be allowed to.

Yup all built now. Not as bad.
I think if you use 80mm wheels you can easyly run out of space and finally rub on the carrier and on the locknut that holds the steering link screw, because the inner diameter is to small then.

83+mm wheels should work way better.
Defo. I have a few flakes of paint on the steering link screw as it rubs just a fraction in places.

I tried a few different wheels and got a lot of inner wheel rubbing. So I flipped the steering linkage screw upside down. With the locknut on the downside I got some extra space and finally no more wheel rubbing.

Recent Popular Liked

Back