• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Trail Tekno?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davis53

Reaction score
Hello All, I do not own any Tekno cars, only crawlers. I would like to build a Tekno trail car in 1/10 scale, mounting some type of popular body, like a old Dodge truck. I see that I am limited to the SCT 410.3, MT 410, and the ET 410. Something that I could trail drive. I would run a crawler type wheel and tire, like Axial design perhaps, for ground clearance. I am attracted to the IRS suspension. What does the 410 stand for in the naming of the Tekno cars? Out of these three cars what would be the easy car to build a RC trail truck? Is Tekno going to produce the DB 48?

The 410 means 4 wheel drive, 10 scale. 48 means 4 wheel drive 8 scale. They do not have a 2 wheel drive line though. The ".2, .3 and .4" are running updates.

I think that if you are trying to stick with a scale look then the SCT410 would be your best platform.

I do not believe tekno is going to release a DB48.

Since you asked about the DB48 I assume you can tell how similar that is to a yeti or rock ray or even more so to a B2B bomber. Following along that path would lead you to starting with an sct410. The dimensions are closest for any common 2.2 crawler.

the wide arms of the mt and et put them closer to 1/8 scale, and the long chassis of the et would hurt you for crawling.

I would recommend reading through #Chainsaw10 ’s build of an db48 using the shorter chassis and a losi scbe cage. The short wheelbase isn’t as good for racing but would do much better on the rocks. Slap the appropriate body on and you might be in business.
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/chainsaws-sct410-3-turned-db410.109/

Make sure you post pictures of your build, I am sure a bunch of people would love to see it.

Thanks for your replies. The DB48 information is useful. I am going to try to stay in the 1/10 scale. I don't race so I am not limited by rules, just fun. Any comments, suggestions are welcome. Please keep them coming.

Last edited:
OK, I am on my way. I bought a SCT410.3 roller today.

This idea had me curious so I put my mt410 next to my axial bomber and was a little surprised by how they compare. This set of 3.8 tires that I have are only about 1/4” taller than my 2.2 tires. My bomber has twin hammer trailing arms so its shorter than stock but surprisingly still longer than the mt. The belly pan on my bomber is about 1/2” higher the way I have them both setup, but the mt has lots of room to go up If I wanted. Obviously the mt has the wide truggy arms unlike your SCT. And I have a wide chassis on my mt.

Here are the pictures for anyone else who is curious:
28E4B783-34C5-4EB4-8BAB-8FFD4B47CED3.jpeg

871DD1E5-4D56-4809-9A89-E075F21BD766.jpeg

A9853809-14D5-46CE-944E-1574AD489A92.jpeg

FB627354-E0BD-41B9-8C24-E3B3CE967B29.jpeg

1E0639F2-CD6F-4F9A-B6F4-12D0AAB7D8D8.jpeg

Found this on Youtube. This guy already converted a Tekno to a trail/crawler car.

That's really interesting! I was thinking that you would have trouble gearing down enough and was wondering how to solve that.

I hope that you do a full build thread or show everything in this one. I'm interested to see how it goes.

Welcome all. Put a sensored, low kv motor on 3-4s, along with an esc that allows for 100% drag brake (Mamba Monster X for example to switch the brake on/off), spooled diffs and she'll crawl slowly, all day. The problem with IFS is no steering angle, like a solid axle. Proble #2 is getting hung up on stuff, as seen in the video above, trying to get up and over. On the positive, they slide over flatter stuff. I have an IFS/IRS Bomber for the guinnea pig.

Recent Popular Liked

Back