• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Titanium screws where to put it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED-Exsome

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. SCT410
Hi guys! I have a titanium screws set from Protek for the sct410.3 any recommendations for where to use it on the chassis?
It’s safe tu used on the diff cases?
871C503B-3497-4635-916D-A037D49C63CF.png
C64A8EE1-6DAD-4AE5-85FF-55E68222B281.jpeg

The main purpose for titanium screws is to reduce weight, they are typically half the weight of steel screws. In general this enhances performance for lighter 1/10 buggy and touring car classes, you won't see much (if any) gain with heavier 1/8 based designs.

I have found that titanium screws tend to be more prone to stripping the heads when compared to steel screws so I use them sporadically and in key areas such as high spots on the chassis to reduce the center of gravity, or reduce rotating mass (i.e. on your diffs). These are key tuning aids for stock racing with spec motors where you need to find ways to squeeze the most performance you can get with limited motors.

When running an open mod motor, and in your case with a beefy 1/8 based chassis, the titanium screws are simply a shiny bling.

Thank you for your response!
I’m going with the screws kit

Recent Popular Liked

Back