• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

The big question XR8 Plus or MAX8 or MMX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc_fan

Reaction score
I have a Hobbywing 4268SD 2200kv Sensored motor lying around.

Should I get an XR8 Plus or a complete Max 8 Sensorless Combo with 2200KV which is a 4274 motor?

Is the difference very big with an MT410?
What would you recommend?

I want to drive 4s!

I started with the XR8 Plus paired with the HobbyWing 4274 2250kv sensored motor and it ran great but when they say splash resistant they really me no water anywhere near the ESC. If you will never be in or around water (even snow as that is what killed mine) then the XR8 is great because it is a race esc that is very tunable. After mine died I got the Max8 but I preferred how it ran with fully sensored so I got a Mamba MonsterX because it is fully water proof but is also sensored. I am super happy with this setup because of how responsive it is. I have the Max8 in another truck paired with the EzRun 4274 and it is nice too so either way I think you will be happy.

Last edited:
I would get the XR8 if you are planning to race - or if it were for a buggy.
For a truggy etc I would get the Max8.

I continued to think about sensored or sensorless combo.

The XR8 is eliminated because it is not waterproof, which is a no go.

On the other hand, I like the slow driving behavior of a sensored ESC.

An alternative would be a Mamba Monster X, but only if the Hobbywing 4268SD 2200kv motor, which I already own, is sufficient.

The punsh is much more with a mamba Moster X. The weight of an MT410 is not very high either.
The question is whether a 4268SD 2200KV is sufficient or whether a 4274 Motor (SL or SD) is necessary

I would say your 4268SD would work out well paired with the MMX. As you said the MT-410 is so light that I don't see a need to go to the 4274 when you have the 4268 already. Looking at the specs of the 4268, it looks to be only slightly smaller (but also lighter) so I really don't see why it would not preform well for you.

I put my mamba monster X threw snow, creeks, rain, and extremely hot summer days. That thing is a beast I love mine. Also with the BT castle link module you can make fine tuning adjustments on your phone to it

For some reason I can't get the MMX to work with the 4268 in sensored mode, any ideas?

Ive installed a trackstar 4268 2200kv motor with MMX esc powered by 4s2p turnigy rapid. I haven’t ran it yet, but the hand eye dynamometer says it’s got some power \m/

edit I ran my rig today did some speed passes on semi icy tarmac. 17t pinion. Moved the truck with authority and I am happy. Probably have to gear down to 15t in the summer

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back