• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Strapping tyres (fishing line)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
I keep pulling tyres of the wheel on my ET48.3.

Every time I have run 6S one of or both of the the front tyres comes off the wheel and the foam starts to show through.

Just the other week I bought a brand new set of Proline Badlands 3.8 pre mounted. I was hoping that these would be glued properly and that this wouldn't happen again. Not the case.

I am running 100k centre diff oil, up from the stock 10k fluid.

Since I have been through several tyres now either gluing them and the glue failing or ripping the sidewall I would like to investigate a solution.

So far all I can think of it upping the diff oil to 500k or strapping the tyres with fishing line.

Has anyone tried the fishing line strapping technique and does it work effectively?

Been doing it for years. It holds up to big power much better than taping, weighs virtually nothing, and can easily be replaced if needed. I use kevlar braid. I run 3 lines down each channel for a total of 9 lines per tire. For Badlands and Backflips I dremel a channel down the middle of the tire.

DO NOT glue them to the tire, not only is it not necessary but would be a major pita to replace a line if needed.

Been doing it for years. It holds up to big power much better than taping, weighs virtually nothing, and can easily be replaced if needed. I use kevlar braid. I run 3 lines down each channel for a total of 9 lines per tire. For Badlands and Backflips I dremel a channel down the middle of the tire.

DO NOT glue them to the tire, not only is it not necessary but would be a major pita to replace a line if needed.

View attachment 3156
Where do you buy the Kevlar line from? I couldn’t find any that would be thin enough to wrap around a tyre and make a knot.

Recent Popular Liked

Back