• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

SRT Servos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ifti

Reaction score
I read SRT servos are the main choice when it comes to the Tekno UK Team. Have any of you guys used them??

I'm looking at a EB48 2.0 build this summer (not for pro racing, just for the fun of the build and then to be used on mainly flat tarmac/dirt surfaces) and am considering my setup. Not 100% decided on my motor/ESC combo just yet, but when it comes to servos I'm leaning towards the SRT BH9032.

Anyone have any experience with SRT, or this servo in particular? Thoughts?

Back when I used to run an EB48.4 I was running an SRT servo that I got from DialedHobbies at the time, it was a great servo, not particularly a fast servo, but it was perfect for me, I didn't have to reduce the servo speed like I need to do with most other servos which tend to be too fast for me. What's really nice about a slower servo is that you are far less likely to strip a gear which I have never stripped a gear on the SRT servo that I ran, though I only ran it for a about a year in my EB48.4 before I sold it.

Anyway, yes I would definitely recommend SRT, though I am currently running AGF servos which feel a little smoother than SRT plus AGF is less expensive ;)
Which servo is right for me?

Yes I notice AGF servos are half the price over the SRT! I may look into them - any particular model I should look out for?

The BH9032 has steel and titanium gears, (another reason that attracted me to it) - I'm hoping it will last the life of the car as I do not intend to bash the car around (I have another truck for bashing)......

I'm currently running the A80BHM (31kg.cm(430oz-in) @6.0V - 0.120sec/60°@6.0V) servo in my SCT410.3

Something to consider: not all grades of titanium/steel are the same, while in general, titanium is about the same strength as steel, it's roughly half as much weight which is the only significant advantage with titanium and weight really only matters in stock racing so I wouldn't put too much "weight" of your decision on titanium gears other than is sounds cool to have titanium in the name... I know I tend to strip titanium screws far more quickly than steel screws as my personal experience with titanium with the thought that it's over rated in terms of strength.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Good to know! Thanks for your input. Much appreciated!

Something else that just came to mind is my experience with PowerHD servos, where they market Titanium gears. PowerHD used to be the OEM for many Turnigy servos sold at HobbyKing and they labeled them to mirror the same popular servo models sold by Savox as the 1251 and 1258 series. What I found was that PowerHD/Turnigy servos were better than Savox and for half the price!

So where I'm going with all this is that I would strip the titanium gears on the PowerHD servos from time to time, I would grow to appreciate steel gears for greater strength and would move away from PowerHD onto other brands.

I used to always buy Savox servos previously. In fact this is the first non-Traxxas RC I am looking to purchase so am exploring other options. So far, I'm swaying towards SRT as they are more easily available where I am.....

SRT is a solid choice, if they are available locally then you won't regret the purchase!

I just didn't want you to limit your options to titanium with any belief that titanium might be more durable than steel, which I don't believe is the case.

Thanks Bill, you've been awesome!

Recent Popular Liked

Back