• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Some snow- here we go!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peejoe

Reaction score
Fresh cover, some smoke tint, and a set of paddle tires, batteries 6s charges and I am ready for a bash out on the snow covered trails B7B5A77B-181F-4094-BE8A-7053CC166CC7.jpegC79AAC46-F16A-4EB1-B17B-82FB4F82569E.jpeg
B7B5A77B-181F-4094-BE8A-7053CC166CC7.jpeg

Last time I drove mine in the snow my MMX went up in flames lol!
Thats funny, the only esc that ever went up in "flames" on me was a mamba monster X. I sent it in to the company in Kansas and they said it was a (non warranty item) ....saying I was using 6s on a 4s esc so I had to absorb the loss. You see I took my Tekno in to the hobby shop to get all electronics set up and I did not do all of my homework on this (never gonna happen again). The young man helping me said he knew all about setting up RC trucks and that he would take care if it. I had total confidence in him as this was not the first time we had been in business together. I wanted this set up right away and he had this particular (Combo) set up in the store.. on the box it said 1800kv and and he said it should take to 6s no problem with a 17 tooth pinion. Now I don't drive everyday and only had this for the summer, plus I wasn't driving hard the day of the fire. make a long story short, the hobby shop said that they will come good for it all after talking to the tech in Kansas. not sure why I am telling you all of this, maybe I have to get this all off my chest. Today I have a hobbywing max 8 combo and this thing rocks day in and day out fast as f@k.

Thats funny, the only esc that ever went up in "flames" on me was a mamba monster X. I sent it in to the company in Kansas and they said it was a (non warranty item) ....saying I was using 6s on a 4s esc so I had to absorb the loss. You see I took my Tekno in to the hobby shop to get all electronics set up and I did not do all of my homework on this (never gonna happen again). The young man helping me said he knew all about setting up RC trucks and that he would take care if it. I had total confidence in him as this was not the first time we had been in business together. I wanted this set up right away and he had this particular (Combo) set up in the store.. on the box it said 1800kv and and he said it should take to 6s no problem with a 17 tooth pinion. Now I don't drive everyday and only had this for the summer, plus I wasn't driving hard the day of the fire. make a long story short, the hobby shop said that they will come good for it all after talking to the tech in Kansas. not sure why I am telling you all of this, maybe I have to get this all off my chest. Today I have a hobbywing max 8 combo and this thing rocks day in and day out fast as f@k.
That’s crazy! Funny thing is, is that other folks use the MMX on 6s with great success. So I haven’t the foggiest what happened with mine.

I understand that but this was not the exact combo everyone else uses...I believe that this one here had been the motor was 1800kv rating on it and I know it said MAX 6s on the back sticker but the guy at the MMX Plant said that this particular combo was max 4s and this is why it caught Fire!! like Jeesus... why me.. I was so new to this and I put my trust into the hands of the pro's (so I thought) and this is what I got... I am still waiting for the hobby shop to come up with some sort of re-imbursement...
Thank-you so much for commenting and hopefully we shall chat again some time soon!

Recent Popular Liked

Back