• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Shock tower differences - SWB truggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savoy49

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
I’m thinking about changing my MT410 to a short wheel base truggy. To do that i‘d like to use ET48.3 shock towers and body mounts. My question is...does changing the shock towers change the shock mounting positions or the ride height?

I‘m looking at using TKR5428 on the front and TKR5429 on the rear with the TKR5401 body mounts.

Plan would be to align the front of the body as normal, then shorten the back half to meet the body mounts in the shortened wb location. Then add the wing mount and wing from the ET.

Only thing I’m unsure about is if the ET towers will alter the ride height or motion ratio.

Thanks,
Scott

I’m thinking about changing my MT410 to a short wheel base truggy. To do that i‘d like to use ET48.3 shock towers and body mounts. My question is...does changing the shock towers change the shock mounting positions or the ride height?

I‘m looking at using TKR5428 on the front and TKR5429 on the rear with the TKR5401 body mounts.

Plan would be to align the front of the body as normal, then shorten the back half to meet the body mounts in the shortened wb location. Then add the wing mount and wing from the ET.

Only thing I’m unsure about is if the ET towers will alter the ride height or motion ratio.

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Scott,

The ET towers are larger than the MT towers. The shock will be in a more vertical position with the ET towers and the ride will be firmer as the MT with equivalent springs. Is it a bad thing? Probably not from a performance perspective, it should handle better.

I've seen such a build on FB, the guy was absolutely loving it and racing it on smaller yet rough outdoor tracks. If I recall well, his only complaint was that the build was eating tires like crazy. Not sure if that has much to do with the build itself or his specific track situation. I see no reason to worry.

Recent Popular Liked

Back