• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

She arrived :) little bit of help needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owen7487

Reaction score
So my first mt410 has arrived and I've started my build.

1 thing so far that has caught my attention is diffs.

The pinion gears move in and out of the gearbox and if pressure is put on it, the pinion is touching the diffs inside and becomes notchy.

What have a I done wrong.. I've read read and re checked the process and as it seems I've done it has stated. What I'm I missing.

Cheers guys

It's hard to say what is wrong, just from that description but if you posted a picture that may help us get to the bottom of things.

There shouldn't be much if any play on the pinion at the diff cases. Perhaps you just need to snug the outdrive up to the pinion a little more?

Ill use that picture, only difference is mine is assembled.
When I move that shaft or even put pressure on the drive up I can feel it become notchy on the diff inside.

I had thought about making the drive cup more snug to the bearing on the shaft.. that would sort my issue I just didn't think it was a good idea to put it too close.

There is a bevel in the cup so it contacts only the center of the bearing. You want it snug.
If it still feels notch once you snug it down then I would check/adjust your diff shims.

I have a similar problem. I am going take the diff apart and assemble it slightly differently than how the manual says to do so.

With the diff open, I will put the outdrive on the pinion and slide it all the way down, so that when the outdrive is tightened, it takes up all the available space on the pinion shaft, and thus removes all back and forth play.

When you assemble per the manual, it is almost impossible to get the outdrive all the way down the pinion shaft - the act of sliding the outdrive onto the shaft tends to push the pinion into the gearbox by about .5mm.

Another member used a magnet to pull the pinion shaft out while assembling the outdrive to solve the problem.

I believe the outdrive is the key piece here - it needs to take up all the space on the pinion shaft, and it needs to be held down with red loctite.

When its disassembled pinch the pieces together like this. Not super tight just snug. Use your thumb to put pressure on the pinion while your finger presses the cup. Tighten it all down when you are happy with the fit. Don't forget to use thread lock!

This is the diff case for an ET410 but its the same principle and its how I do all of my rigs.

Cheers guys, pulled the diffs back out and moved the drive cup.

It's perfect now :)

Recent Popular Liked

Back