• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410 2.0 SCTE offsets - newbie confusion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den-889

Reaction score
Hi there!

Currently upgrading from a basic RTR Short Course Truck and entering the SCT410 2.0 kit world. Exciting but seems like I've still got a lots to learn. :)

I'm confused about the TKR2220 wheel offset. :confused:

From what I've read online, a zero offset wheel is when the face of the hex hub is aligned with the centreline of the wheel. In comparison, a positive offset is when the hex hub is closer to the outer bead of the wheel, whereas a negative offset places the hex hub closer to the inner edge of the wheel.

The TKR2220 wheel has been stamped with +13.5 which I assume is the offset measurement, in this case a positive offset.

However, someone said that the TKR2220 is actually a zero offset or "SCTE offset" wheel and that anything labeled "SCTE" should be 0 offset. This seems to contradict the definition of zero offset and the +13.5 measurement on the TKR2220 wheel?!?!

Does SCTE zero offset mean something different to other types of RC vehicle offsets?

Is the TRK2220 wheel a zero offset or a +13.5mm offset?

Also, sorry to sound like a complete newbie/noob, I know that SCT stands for Short Course Truck, but what does SCTE actually stand for?

Thanks

0 offset like what you're describing is what's used in the full scale world. In RC, specifically Short Course, 0 offset is when the hex is very close to the outer bead, like our TKR2220 wheel or any wheel that says it's for the SCTE or ProTrac.

The Traxxas Front offset wheels are actually very close to a true (full scale world) 0 offset wheel. Our wheels are 13.5mm positively offset from that, which the RC industry calls 0 offset, SCTE offset, or Protrac offset.

SCTE is referring to the original Losi SC truck, the SCTE, which stands for Short Course Truck Electric.

0 offset like what you're describing is what's used in the full scale world. In RC, specifically Short Course, 0 offset is when the hex is very close to the outer bead, like our TKR2220 wheel or any wheel that says it's for the SCTE or ProTrac.

The Traxxas Front offset wheels are actually very close to a true (full scale world) 0 offset wheel. Our wheels are 13.5mm positively offset from that, which the RC industry calls 0 offset, SCTE offset, or Protrac offset.

SCTE is referring to the original Losi SC truck, the SCTE, which stands for Short Course Truck Electric.
Very good explanation. The RC world offset values vs full scale offset values always bothered me, because of having to go through picking and choosing aftermarket wheels/tires on my real world cars/trucks daily drivers.

Hi there!

Currently upgrading from a basic RTR Short Course Truck and entering the SCT410 2.0 kit world. Exciting but seems like I've still got a lots to learn. :)

I'm confused about the TKR2220 wheel offset. :confused:

From what I've read online, a zero offset wheel is when the face of the hex hub is aligned with the centreline of the wheel. In comparison, a positive offset is when the hex hub is closer to the outer bead of the wheel, whereas a negative offset places the hex hub closer to the inner edge of the wheel.

The TKR2220 wheel has been stamped with +13.5 which I assume is the offset measurement, in this case a positive offset.

However, someone said that the TKR2220 is actually a zero offset or "SCTE offset" wheel and that anything labeled "SCTE" should be 0 offset. This seems to contradict the definition of zero offset and the +13.5 measurement on the TKR2220 wheel?!?!

Does SCTE zero offset mean something different to other types of RC vehicle offsets?

Is the TRK2220 wheel a zero offset or a +13.5mm offset?

Also, sorry to sound like a complete newbie/noob, I know that SCT stands for Short Course Truck, but what does SCTE actually stand for?

Thanks
I just posted this Pro-Line chart the other day in a SCT group as some people were having difficult decision on picking out offset.
1699405354330.jpeg

Recent Popular Liked

Back