• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

SCT410-SL Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fun build. about 8 hrs (not my first build). Using manual setup on Clay track (SDRC). Reedy 6.5

Likes: manual, fitment, bumpers, no left over parts (or screws), battery mount options, 8mm wheel nuts (no more loose wheels).
Dislikes: one piece motor mount, rear shock standoff 4mm too short (unusual angle).

Im pleased at the results. drives like B410 (P.S. the rear bumper has monting for internal wing )

GPJ

update:
The rear shock stand off shimed out 4mm or in stock position is not noticeable either way.
im using stock swaybars and see the left front wheel lifting up about 1 inch under hard acceleration. some times it the right front wheel if there is a slight turn to the right under hard acceleration. Will try heavier sway bar. Looks cool but prefer both front tires on the dirt.

oh, the rear uprights seem fragle. only failure todate. 2 on the right 1 on left. In all cases landed on a funy angle over a jump. Exotek use a different style. may need to test them.

3-28-23
no issues in rear since changing to Exotek rear. went to the adjustable motor mount to use 48P spur for more tuning of 8.5 motor. now have experienced an old slash problem. Two different occasions poped shock caps (WTF?). Never ever had a shock issuse with a tekno shock on my B410, ET410 or 410.3. Upgraded to the A version of shock cap to see if that solves issue (so messy).

I have used many different bodies styles and they all work well over jumps with no cutouts. perfect balence.

I install the 1.9 rollbar front and rear to solve the inside wheel from lifting up under exceleration. still using the stock diff oil weights with JC smoothie slicks. stay tuned.

6/29/23
Many shorty batteries on this puppy. no more failures other than listed.

SDRC refreshed the track a couple weeks ago and I dropped down to a 13.5 due to smaller jumps and short straights. Im even more impressed. I was over driving with 6.5. Im about 1.5 seconds faster with 13.5. Jumps are smoother, battery life about 25% more. still using stock pistons with 27.5 rear and 32.5 front. So SSMMOOTH

Last edited:
Fun build. about 8 hrs (not my first build). Using manual setup on Clay track (SDRC). Reedy 6.5

Likes: manual, fitment, bumpers, no left over parts (or screws), battery mount options, 8mm wheel nuts (no more loose wheels).
Dislikes: one piece motor mount, rear shock standoff 4mm too short (unusual angle).

Im pleased at the results. drives like B410 (P.S. the rear bumper has monting for internal wing )

GPJ
If you're referring to the angle of the shocks front to back, where the top of the shock is further rearward and the bottom of the shock is further forward, this is intentional. This angle creates more support for the truck under load.

If you're referring to the angle of the shocks front to back, where the top of the shock is further rearward and the bottom of the shock is further forward, this is intentional. This angle creates more support for the truck under load.
I'll test your theory. Sounds reasonable. thanks

Recent Popular Liked

Back