• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Sct410.3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marucci87

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. ET48
  3. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
You guys think it’s worth building a SCT410.3 for bashing? Or should I just build another MT410? I’ve been eyeing the SCT410.3 since I finished my ET48 2.0 build, my major reason for wanting the SCT410.3 is to have something different to play around with, but I like the idea of the thicker axels and wider stance. I’m not sure yet, I’m hopping you guys could help make me make a decision. I absolutely love my MT410…most used rc I own, all my Tekno builds are a dream to run. Ever since my first Tekno build my Traxxas XMaxx has been a shelf queen. Really thinking about selling it and building another ET48 2.0. Any input would be help, thanks guys

The MT410 is the king of all bashers.. I would only consider the SCT410 if you plan to run on a track, it's not going to offer nearly as much ground clearance as what the MT410 has to offer.

Ever since I started RCing with a Slash, I’ve always had an SCT to mess around.

They drive great and look awesome with somehow of a scale look. To Bill’s point not nearly as much ground clearance as the MT, but a solid basher for mixed on and off road terrain and possibly a great drifter.

I’m narrowed down to the new Arrma Talion exb, TLR 8ight ex elite buggy, or another EB48 2.0 build. I really wish the Arrma was a roller though. I’m really leaning toward the ET48 2.0. I don’t race at all l, I just mess around in my backyard on a few ramps I built. So what do you guys think about the new Talion exb?

If jumping is what you’re doing most, i would go with the Talion EXB.

Now the EB & ET48 2.0 are some of the finest RCs out there. If you’re looking at experiencing a great build quality and some really good driving capabilities than they are a great option.

it’s just hard to make full use of an ET48 2.0 in a backyard, unless you have some decent room and / or some sort of a track.

If jumping is what you’re doing most, i would go with the Talion EXB.

Now the EB & ET48 2.0 are some of the finest RCs out there. If you’re looking at experiencing a great build quality and some really good driving capabilities than they are a great option.

it’s just hard to make full use of an ET48 2.0 in a backyard, unless you have some decent room and / or some sort of a track.
I only really jump my MT410, I use my ET48 2.0 just to rip around the yard I only jumped it 2 times just to see how it carries itself through the air, witch is pretty awesome, gets a perfect nose dive for a landing ramp without any throttle input. The ET48 just handles like a dream that’s why I am a little hesitant to got with the Arrma. All my Teknos handle so well it’s mind blowing to me, only owning Traxxas cars I had no idea you could get such a Great handling characteristics, that’s why I’m hesitant to go with the Talion. I don’t want to take a step back toward crappy handling.

The mt410 is on my list if kits to build. Currently collecting parts and supplies for a sct410.3 build. I've never been happy with any rtr. But I did get my youngest son a slash 4x4 fox edition and I really liked it for just general use around the house or at the park. So I had to have a 4x4 sct also.

the sct410 is still on my list, I just don’t know what to pull the trigger on. The money I have saved is burning a hole in my pocket so I need to make a move. I really enjoy building kits, but I feel like if I buy the Arrma I’ll have to rip it down right out of the box and check the diff shims, fluid levels, make sure all the hardware is tight, re lock tite grub screws on the all the pinions. So I guess in away I’ll be “rebuilding” it before I even run it.

the sct410 is still on my list, I just don’t know what to pull the trigger on. The money I have saved is burning a hole in my pocket so I need to make a move. I really enjoy building kits, but I feel like if I buy the Arrma I’ll have to rip it down right out of the box and check the diff shims, fluid levels, make sure all the hardware is tight, re lock tite grub screws on the all the pinions. So I guess in away I’ll be “rebuilding” it before I even run it.
Sorry, i got you wrong.

If you already have both MT410 and ET48 2.0, then the EB48 2.0 is indeed a no brainer:
1/ same awesome build quality
2/ some common hardware with the MT and common parts with ET48 2.0
3/ buggies are great and would be a fin complement to your lineup

Although with less ground clearance than a truggy, buggies are still awesome RCs to mess with. It will be a different yet still quality driving experience.

ive got a couple basher sct410 there not true .3 but they're enjoyable to drive. they struggled a little in tall grass but run fine in freshly mowed or dirt areas. i resently change out the tires to 2.8 monster truck tires with .5 inch offset the duratrax six-pack and now it screems thro the gress fine with out losing speed did have to regear. also when with the pro-line monster slash body it fits it fine. As for motor wise i went with 3600kva on 2s i race a lot with a old caslte i had laying around from a trade. i when with light on motor gearing and that low 540 kva motor as opposed to something like 4600 540 cam or 4300 550 cam or pushing 3s on it. im not pushing a more aggressive electronic setup(more power) because it lets me get a way with being Honorable on maintenance in tru backyard basher fashion. also its one less truck i have to maintenance to high performance standards. i did do a 17mm hex conversion because i could.but thats it. next basher truck will be a 2.8 monster truggy. not a et410 with monster truck tires. but either sct410 or eb48 with a truggy body and 2.8 wheels. depends and which truck find for a deal. hoping eb48 it will be cheaper to do.

ps i do race i have a crap ton of cars

Sorry, i got you wrong.

If you already have both MT410 and ET48 2.0, then the EB48 2.0 is indeed a no brainer:
1/ same awesome build quality
2/ some common hardware with the MT and common parts with ET48 2.0
3/ buggies are great and would be a fin complement to your lineup

Although with less ground clearance than a truggy, buggies are still awesome RCs to mess with. It will be a different yet still quality driving experience.
Yeah I thought about the eb48 2.0, I seen a photo of the et48.2 and eb48.2 next to each other and the eb48.2 looks small, kinda turned me off for what I do. I feel like the wide arms on my mt410 and et48.2 suit my driving much better. I feel like for just messing around in the yard the eb48 might not be great. If I’m wrong please correct me, that was my reason for not diving into eb48.2

Well I pre ordered a Arrma Talion blx exb rtr, after going with Tekno I never thought I’d be buying another rtr kit. My reasoning for doing this is that I really love the truggy platform, and I want to jump high and far and do things I would never even consider doing with my ET 48 2.0. My Teknos are prized possessions, anytime they end up on their lid I have to go over and examine and find any little scratch and obsess over it. Now that I admitted to that I should get my head examined.

What a mistake I made buying the Talion EXB. Right out of the box I turned it on for the first time and the transmitter or receiver is bad. It took about 20 seconds to bind and when it did it took off like a bat out of hell at full throttle( I did have all the trims set at 0) it got caught up in my sheet and stripped the hex on the rim and shot the wheel nut flying somewhere. So I put one of my unbelted karats of my et48 2.0 for now just to get the car going for now. So after about 10 try’s getting the throttle end points to learn I finally was ready to try it out. First pull of the throttle on the ground and another tire issue, tire bead came loose. There was about a 3mm patch on the front side with glue and the back wasn’t even touched with glue….so after that I turned it off and it lost all the end points again for the throttle and servo and the servo started getting weak the more I turned. So I decided to dig into more, found one motor mount bolt on the underside not even tight hanging out, pinion/spur and 0 play it was way too tight…rear brace and front brace bolts also loose. 10 bolts were loose under the chassis. So I decided to dig even further…center diff had no fluid and I mean like a drop in it. So after doing that and using my flyshy receiver and remote it actually moved more then 10 feet. I didn’t want use it anymore until I check my front and rear diff fluid and to make sure the ring/pinion shim is good. The quality control is horrible, I think they rushed the release to fast or something. I never seen anything like this unfinished before. I should have gotten the sct410 or another mt410 this Arrma is a disgrace. I called horizonhobbies and they told me I have to get in touch with Amainhobbies, where I bought it from….and I should send it back and exchange for a new one. SMH I don’t want to send it back over a bad recover or remote and 2 tires….I’m already invested into this one putting fluid in and putting lock-tite where it should have been originally…I am in disbelief I spent 730 plus tax on this thing, I really wanted a tough RTR I can let my dad beat on and something I can beat without worrying about braking it unlike my Teknos (they are my babies no one gets to drive them and I loose sleep if anything happens to them) well that was a 780 dollar lesson I learned. I’m sticking to Tekno.

Attachments

• 20784E5D-17C9-4D5F-AD13-F75877501404.jpeg
    20784E5D-17C9-4D5F-AD13-F75877501404.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 333D5677-B0AE-4C38-A54E-44FB3D308EC3.jpeg
    333D5677-B0AE-4C38-A54E-44FB3D308EC3.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 134

Recent Popular Liked

Back