• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Sct410.3 for bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tezip

Reaction score
Hello all,
New to forums. Im in the market for a 4wd basher and was curious as to how well the sct410.3 holds up in that respect or if it’s maybe more than I need? I’ve considered the slash ultimate but I’m unsure of durability. Heard nothing but great things about Tekno. I don’t have a issue working a vehicle, I just don’t want it to be a broken part every time I run. My current stable includes a 2wd brushless slash and a 1/8 ofna buggy8e. The buggy is great but parts are non existent, plus it takes 2 batteries. There is a outdoor track near me plus a ball field/ playground, where the bashing would be.

Check out the following build thread to get a better idea of the quality of the parts:
BUILD/REVIEW TEKNO SCT410.3

TEKNO will be a lot easier to work on compared the older OFNA buggies, where they distributed for HongNor (no longer in business) and HoBao. If you do have an HoBao design then you might still be able to get parts here:
http://eshop.hobao-racing.com/c/rc-parts

That said, I feel that TEKNO is will save you a lot of money that you wouldn't need to spend on a bunch of upgrades if you were to buy a 4WD Slash which isn't anywhere near as durable as TEKNO. Plus TEKNO also offers a 50% Lifetime Warranty making them the least expensive brand to maintain over the long haul:
https://www.teknorc.com/warranty-repair/

Not saying TEKNO is bullet-proof... if you drive 50mph into a wall, then chances are you're gonna break something, but there is nothing else on the market that is more durable out of the box ;)

Hello all,
New to forums. Im in the market for a 4wd basher and was curious as to how well the sct410.3 holds up in that respect or if it’s maybe more than I need? I’ve considered the slash ultimate but I’m unsure of durability. Heard nothing but great things about Tekno. I don’t have a issue working a vehicle, I just don’t want it to be a broken part every time I run. My current stable includes a 2wd brushless slash and a 1/8 ofna buggy8e. The buggy is great but parts are non existent, plus it takes 2 batteries. There is a outdoor track near me plus a ball field/ playground, where the bashing would be.

Get your hand on a used EB48, they make great bashers.

The .2 is great because it has the same towers as the MT410. Putting a body and turning it into an SCT is very easy.

The .3 is a great compromise and uses a majority of parts with ET48.3 and MT410. Best re-usability of parts.

The .4 is the better handling (2.0 aside) and a great buggy.

The EB48 is 1/8 scale and is going to have a much stronger driveline than the SCT410. Run 4s/2000kv or 3s/2600kv combo.

So I went with the sct410.3. I’m on to motor selection. My local shops are picked clean of suitable combos. I have a velineon system handy that I was going to use to check set up. I was looking at a hobbywing xr8 system but I’m not sure which motor size to get, I’ll be bashing using 2s batteries. Or does someone have a recommendation for a less expensive system? I was planning on a test run after work but I forgot a mod 1 pinion last store trip.

Thanks Bill, I appreciate the response

I don’t have a Sct410.3 but I think you can’t go wrong with it for a basher short course truck. As Bill said it saves you a lot of money in the long run because the quality and strength are there. I bash a EB48.4 and it breaks less often then my Arrma Typhon 6S V4. And it’s because of the quality of parts used and the weight it’s much lighter and it just drives way better. So enjoy your sct. And post some pictures up when you get it all together

Recent Popular Liked

Back