• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Rear Wing Mount Alternative?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Herron

Reaction score
As the thread title says. Have pulled the mount screws twice now on the ET 48.2 from my back yard bashing. Moderate jumps. No room that I see for reinforcing with a washer. I guess I could do some trimming and make that work but have been looking for an alternate part, maybe aluminum with no luck. I know I can't be the only one with this problem. Thanks!

Would something like this help?
1686152100337.png

I don’t know
I’m trying to envision how much t goes
Worth a try

I don’t know
I’m trying to envision how much t goes
Worth a try
In looking closer what that offers is reinforcement where the wing attaches. My problem which has occurred twice now (could be my driving) is where the wing mount attaches to the shock tower. The lower screws from the wing mount to the shock tower pull through the plastic wing mount. Does that make sense?

Attachments

• IMG_4646.jpeg
    IMG_4646.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 56
In looking closer what that offers is reinforcement where the wing attaches. My problem which has occurred twice now (could be my driving) is where the wing mount attaches to the shock tower. The lower screws from the wing mount to the shock tower pull through the plastic wing mount. Does that make sense?
I would find a way to get as much life out of it as possible or just replace.

You could make an aluminum version and open a whole new can of worms. It’s one of those situations where the wing mount is acting as a weak link (rear bumper) and you should probably leave it this way. At $12 on ebay or cheaper with the Tekno 50% discount, it’s cheap enough to not bother IMHO.

Think about it this way, anytime the mount fails, you’re saving money on a bent rear tower or chassis or drive shaft. Which everyone of those components is more expensive than that.

Also, your driving skill is going to improve and you likely not need to replace it anytime soon.

I get that. I appreciate the front hinge pins for that reason

This is my basher so I don’t care to much about what it looks like. I’ve done this on my et to and it works. I’ve not had a problem since. Maybe you can find a better way. If so please let us know!
image.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back