• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

rcmaniacs vs probodyrc - which unbreakable body?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbbowers

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Alright, does anyone have experience with both of these? From what I understand the rcmaniacs is the original. They are both from Russia so I want sure if one was just a reseller or if they are totally different materials.

The main reason is probodyrc I can get for about $70 (on sale). I don't want to get a knock off though if that's the case. Any suggestions?

I have a body from each and while they are different bodies, they are very different in their finish. I highly doubt that they originated from the same place. The material seems similar but the finishes are much different.

I have a C10 body in black from probodyrc. It came untrimmed so I had to cut it out myself which can be good if you have a unique model and need to adjust the wheelbase. The texture is not rough, but it’s definitely not smooth if that makes sense. The bodies curves are very rounded and it doesn’t have a lot of details.

I also have a body for a savage x flux in silver from rcmaniacs. It arrived trimmed but not drilled. The finish is smooth and the curves are much sharper. It also has many more details than the probodyrc c10. I’m just a basher and the bodies are quickly scuffed so the details and finish are nice but I’m not using them on a scaler so that doesn’t really matter.

For the most part they each offer different models so it really comes down to finding the one that you like most.

Here are some pictures to try and show the differences. Silver is rcmaniacs, black is from probodyrc

2779E485-7E04-44B1-B09A-D174856A5F06.jpeg

CC6BFA96-5A8D-4A2D-B395-9DF91CEAE185.jpeg

480B4471-33CE-4795-AB2D-93F3E64EBF27.jpeg

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. Do they seem to be of the same thickness? I'm guessing if they are made from the same stuff they will be similar in durability. I'm just a basher too. That looks like a clean trim job. What did you use to cut it out?

The probodyrc might be slightly thicker but that could be because of the texture. They both seem very flexible. And definitely hard to trim. My lexan scissors hardly touch them. Oh and paint doesn’t stick at all.

I just used my pocket knife to trim it. Once or twice over scoring lines and then I could peel the excess back as I cut. A good set of shears might work too. A dremel works well to smooth any edges.

I’m not going to end up running the rcmaniacs so I can’t fairly comment on durability. But the probody is holding up very well so far.

Thank you. Probodyrc said scissors would cut just fine so that's good to know. I do like the idea of being able to cut it myself for the wheelbase. I wasn't sure if that c10 they had would fit since I know they recommend the extended body c10.

What did you use to make the window silver? I thought about just using some duct tape.

The c10 fits nicely on the mt410, it’s a longbed version. If I didn’t already have a c10 on my kraton I would get another for my mt. Here’s a shot of it sitting on the mt410:

6BF2E61A-945F-46A3-B9C4-253F535AC293.jpeg

For the windows I used some adhesive backed vinyl sheets that I got on amazon. It came in a 40 pack and I used about half a sheet so I will have enough for my next 79 bodies ? If I hadn’t gotten the black body I would have used electrical tape and called it good. Duct tape would probably work well too.

That looks great! The vinyl sheets a great idea. A 40 pack would definitely do it, haha. Thanks for all the advice!

Alright, does anyone have experience with both of these?
Hi! I'm from Russia :)
I have one rcmaniacs body and two probodyrc bodies.
From what I understand the rcmaniacs is the original. They are both from Russia so I want sure if one was just a reseller or if they are totally different materials.
These are absolutely two different manufacturers.
At rcmaniacs all bodies are smooth. They said so.
Stickers stick to them better.
With probodyrc, it depends on the color. They said so.
Probodyrc has a rough blue color. The color orange is smooth.
The rough body seems thicker.
I chose the rcmaniacs body for the MT410.
It is very similar to the Pro-Line 3468-00 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor.
It is already carved.
PS English is not my native language, so please be kind to my mistakes.

@Amateurhour have you tried putting decals on either of these bodies? I've been hearing that stickers and even paint doesn't stick to these bodies.

I tried paint on the scraps of the probodyrc and none of the paints I tried stuck at all. It was actually impressive how easily I could brush it off.

I put some vinyl stickers on and used a heat gun to try and help them form to the texture of the body. So far they are holding but adhesion is just alright. I don't expect them to last forever.

Hi! I'm from Russia :)
I have one rcmaniacs body and two probodyrc bodies.

These are absolutely two different manufacturers.
At rcmaniacs all bodies are smooth. They said so.
Stickers stick to them better.
With probodyrc, it depends on the color. They said so.
Probodyrc has a rough blue color. The color orange is smooth.
The rough body seems thicker.
I chose the rcmaniacs body for the MT410.
It is very similar to the Pro-Line 3468-00 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor.
It is already carved.
PS English is not my native language, so please be kind to my mistakes.
Do they have chevy bodys?

Proline Bash Armor can also fit the MT410. That adds an option. This on is the one made for the e-revo. Not a direct fit, but easy to make work.

4AA082C4-8E0A-4D4B-90AC-0D244EC8A9CD.jpeg
288FAF58-8157-4CDA-A615-AE736CE027D3.jpeg

I would think that the probodyrc bodies would be a better bet, BECAUSE of the less detail. Means the body has less sharper corners to catch an ride a crack. Similar to why commercial aircraft have round windows: square ones were used back in the early days of passenger flight, an the harsh corners actually produced cracks. Just my thinking, I could very well be WAY off here.

Recent Popular Liked

Back