• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Plastic bushing lubrication

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freelosophy

Reaction score
I did a little googling and didn't find anything conclusive . . . what is or is there defacto view on whether plastic bushing should be lubricated with synthetic oil? I've read much in both direction. Think it has to do with what kind of plastic and I have no idea what the MT410 plastic is made from? Hoping to read some words of wisdom here as I have so many times before. thanks bro!

There are a lot of people out there that use WD40 or a comparable product on all the there plastics for bashers rigs.

I am NOT one of them. All of my plastics are ran straight out of the box

I see no reason either to lubricate plastic parts on an RC. Knowing that lubrication on exposed parts can be more counter productive than anything else.

I use compressed air to get rid of dirt and try to not mess up with the bearings. Diffs and bearings get a quick (simple) control every run as I make sure friction is minimal with the driveline.

Cleaned bearings, shocks, diffs get all sorts of grease and oil during regular maintenance. Other plastics are not one of them.

I don't do this and don't really think its necessary either, but if you felt the need to lubricate the plastic to metal parts (like hinge pins) you would want to use a dry lube like a teflon spray or maybe even graphite would work as well.

Oils will attract dust and eventually like @Nicochau said it will be counter productive because it will gunk up.

Recent Popular Liked

Back