• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Picking a new motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slevin

Ummm Yeah!
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
Hey guys, I’m going to pick up a standard length truggy motor and wanted some opinions on what to select..

The following contenders are:

CC Neu-castle 1515 - $75
Tp power 40 series - about $100
Hobbystar 4076?@ 2200 kv - $55 ish
Goolrc 2000kv 4076 - eBay $37
Poseidon P1515 2200kv - $125
Leopard v2 4275 - $70

Then there’s HW and Tekin.

I don’t necessarily need sensored as this is for bashing. I also don’t want to spend a fortune on it.

Gimme your thoughts! All are welcome!

Last edited:
I've been running the GoolRC motor in my ET48 for almost 2 years and it's doing really well for me with club racing. You don't have to use the sensor wire, you can run it with a cheap sensorless ESC if you want. When it comes to most brands of motors, you can go cheap, only brand I would stay away from is TenShock, this is the only budget brand that has ever given me problems.

35238616771_a1d028446c_c.jpg

I've been running the GoolRC motor in my ET48 for almost 2 years and it's doing really well for me with club racing. You don't have to use the sensor wire, you can run it with a cheap sensorless ESC if you want. When it comes to most brands of motors, you can go cheap, only brand I would stay away from is TenShock, this is the only budget brand that has ever given me problems.

35238616771_a1d028446c_c.jpg
Thanks for the input Bill! Always appreciated!

Only ones of those I've used are the castle 2200kv and the tekin 2250 truggy spec. I didnt notice much difference, although being the tekin setups have all been sensored and the castle were not, the low end smoothness was noticeably better with the Tekin. For a basher I just dont know if the extra price is worth it if you are on a budget.

I've come to accept replacing bearings shortly after running all of my low budget motors. By shortly, I mean approximately 15~20 runs with the motor. Anytime I get a new motor, the first thing I do is open it up, and see what bearings are in there. I like to keep the fun going so I always try to keep spare ABEC5 bearings on hand for my motors. I'm not sure what grade of bearings are initially put into any brushless motor, but after I replace stock ones with replacements, the durability of the motors jumps up significantly.

I've come to accept replacing bearings shortly after running all of my low budget motors. By shortly, I mean approximately 15~20 runs with the motor. Anytime I get a new motor, the first thing I do is open it up, and see what bearings are in there. I like to keep the fun going so I always try to keep spare ABEC5 bearings on hand for my motors. I'm not sure what grade of bearings are initially put into any brushless motor, but after I replace stock ones with replacements, the durability of the motors jumps up significantly.
That’s probably a good idea. This is my first time purchasing a cheaper motor so I’ll have to take a look when it arrives.

Recent Popular Liked

Back